Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Where are you all going for Easter?

Exeter hostessing a charity wine event ...

Booked into a site near Abersoch for Easter, unfortunately the weathers not looking too good now. Well, what would a British bank holiday be without a bit of rain eh? :cool:

Making me jealous :(

Exeter around 8

with the weather not looking good for a few days by the sea we are heading for a Nice little city break in Bath.

Sandy Balls for Easter weekend however just looked at the weather, it is all set to change from Thursday :headbang

Weather looks pants for the Easter weekend and they have just said it is going to be the busiest Easter Getaway for over ten years :eek:

I think I will stay at home !

They are saying the route to Devon and Cornwall is going to be worst effected, guess where we are going :headbang

with the weather not looking good for a few days by the sea we are heading for a Nice little city break in Bath.
We stayed at Bath Marina Campsite last October for a few nights. Handy for the city centre - you can walk in or there's a bus stop right outside the campsite - buses are very frequent. Enjoy :)

Nothing planned for Easter but counting down the days for a trip to Corsica at the beginning of May!

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

We are pondering the same trip, let us know how it goes :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We're staying home too.......can't face the traffic. Will just visit the family and then a favourite local beach (Southerndown, aka Bad Wolf Bay for Dr Who fans) for a cuppa and enjoy the view and watch the surfers.

Corfe castle / Studland for us for 3 nights then hopefully continue down to Cornwall if the weathers not too bad.
First trip out in the new beach after 3 years of an SE so fully expecting to have stuff piled high until we figure out where to store everything!

26311f7e4600c6a87d78fe8f67614961.jpg

staying at home - driving around and enjoying empty streets while everybody is heading south to Italy. have a great trip and stay safe!

PS: found this beauty around the corner.

After some (extensive) indecision we decided upon the Yorkshire Dales for Easter. Picked for a number of reasons including trying to dodge the worst of the weather - getting away with it so far.

But it's also a great chance to test out lots of aspects of our new machine 2 up + 2 dogs. A good motorway run up here and lots of quiet lanes to enjoy now we are here.

First impressions of the T6 Cali are - wow! It drives as easily as most cars I've ever had. The 204 DSG is very easy going in all conditions. I'm still learning how to handle the DSG lag- it's real but rarely problematic. Certainly no worse than my old Volvo XC90.

Happy with the options I selected so far. One I nearly didn't get and am loving is main beam assist. I know it's lazy but extremely effective.

The one I'm least sure about is CarPlay. But that is Apple's fault - not VW's. They need to allow / encourage more developers to support CarPlay. I've already reverted to using Waze in my phone and using Bluetooth rather than USB for media.

Only one fault spotted on the Cali so far (other than the minor omission of parking sensors - dealt with extensively on other post) - the sensor on the waste water tank does not seem to work.

The heater remote also seems a bit intermittent. It turns the heater off reliably but seems a bit random when it comes to turning it on. Any suggestions on that one ? Am I also correct that the remote can only turn the heater on and off - not adjust the temperature?

Hope everyone else is also enjoying their Easter trips.

Last edited:
Looking down Long Loch this morning - rain on its way!

image.jpg

It's getting windy (in Yorkshire at least). Who's got the roof up?

We drove up the M5 Northbound from Bristol on Friday and saw near Stroud on the Southbound side the wreckage of a caravan that had rolled. There were 7 miles of stationary traffic on the Southbound side behind it. A few Calis in the queue and a lot of vehicles heading towards the end of the jam. Did feel really sorry for them as it was forecast that Friday would be the best day of the weekend.
We were overtaken by a blue Cali heading northwards at a fair speed. No time to wave.
Called in at the Lower Lode in to make some arrangements for the meet the following weekend.
Finally set off to drive back to Bristol and went down the West side of the River Severn. A beautiful route through a lot of lovely villages with wide views over the Severn from time to time. Then over the old Severn Bridge and down B roads towards Bristol. We passed over the M5 near Avonmouth and saw 4 lanes of very slow moving traffic heading south. Having spent quite a few hours stuck on the M5 in the past we were very thankful not to be amongst them even in our lovely Cali.

Finally a cup of tea and some hot cross buns in the garden in the sunshine.

Back