Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Where are you all going for Easter?

Going out for the first time with the start of a love affair for so long waiting

No, really looking forward to it though. 1st outing with the kids. We're still new to this.
You will be hard pushed to find a better site than East Fleet. Facilities are second to none. I'm not sure whether Richard who owns East Fleet is still a member on here?

Not yet decided but 90% of probability we will travel around Ireland and 10% travel around Scotland.

We're going back to the Lakes this weekend (not quite easter I know) :) Hoping there will be no cloud so I can get this shot again but with stars :D Easter will probably be somewhere low in light pollution too.

4384334727_9966d1e339_b.jpg
Great shot :thumb Is that a Cali roof in the foreground? o_O

Looks like it is going to be wonderful weather over the Easter period, ........

Is eveyone else making the most of this unexpected weather?

See you all in Gloucester :D
Yes, we'll all be sitting next to our vans in a C & CC site. Is there one in Gloucester? ;)

You will be hard pushed to find a better site than East Fleet. Facilities are second to none. I'm not sure whether Richard who owns East Fleet is still a member on here?
Sure am Think Quinnster might be our first T6 Cali too.

Watch this space, we are hoping to host a small Cali meet on 9th/10th Sept will post details soon.

Four day trip to the Alps with a friend and our two eldest daughters (8&9) for some end of season skiing (fingers crossed).

A great road trip whatever the snow conditions!

Tristram campsite in Polzeath, booked early so got a sea view pitch.

You could rent one to get trained for when yours arrives

Cote D'Azur for me becky and the custard dream - got a week to zoom down wild camp along the coast - get in some cycling, walking and RnR .... do a bit of gastro hobnobbing in Cannes n Antibes - zoom back up through the Alps via Gorge du Verdon - this is what Cali ownership is all about - adventures

@Califate, have you ever been at Mougins, if not so I recommend you, it's a very nice medieval village

Peak District for us - first trip away as we're picking up our new (to us) Cali tomorrow. Can't wait :embarrased

Cote D'Azur for me becky and the custard dream - got a week to zoom down wild camp along the coast - get in some cycling, walking and RnR .... do a bit of gastro hobnobbing in Cannes n Antibes - zoom back up through the Alps via Gorge du Verdon - this is what Cali ownership is all about - adventures
You're going to miss all the good repeats on the TV then! ;)

Looks like it is going to be wonderful weather over the Easter period, we are looking to head off and follow the sun next Saturday and finish our trip at the club meet in Gloucester.

Is everyone else making the most of this unexpected weather?
Greetings S&L - and everyone else

My first post. I am probably not going anywhere over Easter though am itching to our new (to us)
2012 CALIFORNIA BEACH TDI BLUEMOTION - probably gonna be May before we use it for an overnighter

The latest weather reports suggest it might not be that great over the Easter weekend. This is what the Met Office currently state....

UK Outlook for Thursday 24 Mar 2016 to Saturday 2 Apr 2016:
The current spell of benign weather is expected to change by the Easter weekend. Maundy Thursday should become cloudy and breezy, with outbreaks of rain spreading eastwards across the country, though probably not reaching the southeast until late in the day. Brighter weather with sunny spells, and showers mainly in the west are expected to follow for Good Friday. The rest of the Easter period and the following week are likely to be unsettled with showers or longer spells of rain, interspersed by some dry and bright interludes. It is also expected to become windy at times, with the wettest and windiest conditions probably occurring in the south and west. Temperatures are expected to be near average, although some day to day fluctuations are likely.

Have a good Easter weekend whatever you end up doing

I thought the reference to 'wonderful weather' was a joke as it's ffffffreezing where I am! Not raining though. Yet...

Off to southern climate. Skirting Burgundy down to South Rhône, then along the Med to España. Going to be chilly until we get south of Valencia. Don't care, we'se a heading south.

Edinburgh....have to pitch up at airport early one morning, so in desperation to get out and about, I'm heading for a city break...for the day!

Currently on a pre-Easter trip to Bridgnothin Sjropshire. Staying at the Halfway House pub /campsite. Lovely spot with great food!

image.jpeg

Back