Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

where is the outside temperature sensor of the camper unit?

J

Jilles1

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Hello all,
I'm new here. I have a problem, my display shows error code 6001.
Tried resetting but that didn't solve the problem.
Temperature on camper unit shows -26 -20 then -1 etc
I think the temperature sensor is broken.
My understanding is that it is located near the left rear wheel/axle.
Does anyone have a more specific explanation or photo?
I have a 2018 T6 Ocean.
Can anyone help me

Hello all,
I have a 2018 T6 Ocean.
Can anyone help me
Next to the Waste water outlet in front of rear wheel.

Hello all,
I have a 2018 T6 Ocean.
Can anyone help me
The temp sensor is installed in the rear undertray near where the waste water pipe exits.

The sensor wiring is wrapped around the waste pipe and then the actual sensor is push fitted into the undertray from the rear and the tip sticks out.

Under tray is half a dozen screws to undo and you can check the sensor and wiring.

Do you need a bridge for this, or can this be done lying on your back?

Do you need a bridge for this, or can this be done lying on your back?
You can get tray off on your back, put the van on wheel chocks if you have them to gain a little height, but you can do it without.

is it this one? how do I disassemble it?
The sensor is sealed, so unless you take the connector off and find damp inside, my recommendation would be to buy a replacement temp sensor unless there is obvious signs of water in the connector or harness damage (which it doesn’t look like from the photos) - harness damage in the van is very unlikely unless you have done something.

To take the connector off, slide the purple tab upwards and press on the black tab and gently pull the connector (not wires) away from the sensor

looks clean inside. not moist at all. I'm going to look for a new sensor. Do you know which part/number/type it is?

looks clean inside. not moist at all. I'm going to look for a new sensor. Do you know which part/number/type it is?
Is there not a Part Number on the sensor?

That number is for the socket, it would appear.

I think the sensor is this.

Last edited:
Dear, Refrigerator malfunction has been resolved. I installed a new temperature sensor, but it still didn't work. I then checked the wires around the waste water drain and saw a break in the wire in two places. Repaired and the refrigerator worked again. I would like to thank you very much for your support, it has really helped me a lot. My knowledge has increased. Greetings, Jilles

Dear, Refrigerator malfunction has been resolved. I installed a new temperature sensor, but it still didn't work. I then checked the wires around the waste water drain and saw a break in the wire in two places. Repaired and the refrigerator worked again. I would like to thank you very much for your support, it has really helped me a lot. My knowledge has increased. Greetings, Jilles
Well sorted. What was the Part Number for the Temperature Sensor?

Another question, the refrigerator light on the display goes out after a few seconds. No longer have an error message on the display. Temperature is shown on camper display. Groet, Jilles

Another question, the refrigerator light on the display goes out after a few seconds. No longer have an error message on the display. Temperature is shown on camper display. Groet, Jilles
Any diagnostic codes shown in the Control Panel diagnostic screen?

Back