Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Where shall we go in our new Cali

D

Dream Machine

VIP Member
Just bought our first cali.....very very very excited!! Where shall we go first .... any suggestions?? Just the two of us and our lovely labrador puppy Dolly, who is still a bit mad!!! Looking for somewhere peaceful, rural and gorgeous . We live in Brighton and think our first trip should be in England. Please help to make our first trip very special.

How about the New Forest? We love it down there and not too far from brighton :thumb

Good call Oli, we had a meet at Hollands Wood last year and had a great time.

I think there are some -25% offers at the moment too. :thumb

maybe a night on the drive....... ;) ......least then you can get used to the cali and see what you need and what you don't and if all fails bail out to the house ... :lol:

Depends on what you want from the trip really and how far you want to travel. You have a campervan, so the world, as they say, is your lobster.

During the low season we tend to look at the weather forecast and head where it looks best ;)

Even in June we've toured the southwest without booking any campsites. Just have a good idea where there are open ones during the winter (we keep a couple of books of campsites in the van).

As posted above, the New Forest is very nice and not too far from you. Relaxing walking and cycling. Or the Isle of Wight if you fancy adding a ferry crossing to your first adventure?

dan

Think it was one of Arthur Daily's (Minder) sayings. I quite like it.

dan

the lobster is all mine!! thank you for all the advice. I need to buy some brand up items.....any best place to get them from?

Ring our main sponsor at the top of the page smg. They will give you 10% off just for being a vip member and they will post your items. Win win :thumb :thumb

Thanks for all your advice....have decided on the Dorset coast for our first trip....plenty of places to walk our naughty puppy.

Thankyou....very excited about our first trip

At quiet times I really like Sea Barn Farm (http://www.seabarnfarm.co.uk/) near Weymouth. You can get a nice sea view over Chessil and walk from the site down to the beach and coastal path. Staff can be a bit grumpy (or maybe that was just us turning up after a day's diving...), but the new toilet block and showers are nice.

Further along the coast, Hook Farm (http://www.hookfarm-uplyme.co.uk/) near Lyme Regis is nice, with views over rolling countryside. You can walk down into Lyme Regis, think it was about 40 mins or so. Think you need 20p pieces for the showers.

Here we are at Hook Farm last year (Sorry about the caravan, it belongs to friends who haven't realised their mistake yet):
586b27c7.jpg

dan

How cool does your cali look next to a caravan......... Thank you for the sites..they look ideal for the 2 of us and our rather naughty puppy!! Plenty of walking to wear her out!!

Just bought our first cali.....very very very excited!! Where shall we go first .... any suggestions?? Just the two of us and our lovely labrador puppy Dolly, who is still a bit mad!!! Looking for somewhere peaceful, rural and gorgeous . We live in Brighton and think our first trip should be in England. Please help to make our first trip very special.
Hi Dream Machine. Just been searching the forum as we're about to get our first Cali and was looking for tips. Had to say hi as it's just the two of us and our Lab Dolly too! Coincidence. Hope you've enjoyed your Cali so far.