Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Where to spend my £500

Mart123blue

Mart123blue

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Ok after months of hoping for something better to turn up, I am resigned to buying a brand new bike rack in the next month or so.

I want one to fit on the rear tailgate so either a quasi or kylie - is it a matter of phoning the dealer in Guildford, or am I missing a trick?

As always all advice gratefully received.

Cheers M

Doesn't the forum shop sell bike racks ?

They do but appear to be very similar price to VW.

Collection only adds at least £100 and a day of driving on top...

VanStyle sell and deliver the original VW ones either direct via their website or through eBay.

They do but appear to be very similar price to VW.

Collection only adds at least £100 and a day of driving on top...
Don’t forget the VIP discount at the shop.

The problem we have sending these is they are massive in the box and vw insist they are a 2 person lift

I got a relatively cheap one with a Black Friday discount from Banwy. £360 + VAT plus £6.99 shipping. Total £440.39 (December 2016).

It might be worth checking them out.

Thanks for all your suggestions, I will have a ring round later.

Cheers M

That didn’t go very well. Banwy no longer sell VW parts and TPS no longer deal with the public:headbang

When I saw the size of the rack and realised that it would barely fit in the van, I had a change of heart.

It's now booked in to be fitted 9th April.

Ok after months of hoping for something better to turn up, I am resigned to buying a brand new bike rack in the next month or so.

I want one to fit on the rear tailgate so either a quasi or kylie - is it a matter of phoning the dealer in Guildford, or am I missing a trick?

As always all advice gratefully received.
The original VW California bike rack is so easy to fit and remove, probably 2 minutes max, and one person. Although it’s expensive it’s a top VW design that works
Cheers M

Hi Mart123blue,
since 30 years I use these carriers on T3, T4, T6:
https://paulchensystem.net
max.load: 70 kg, with an extension even for 4 bicycles.
Btw: the black box on one picture contains Thule levelers together with 2 e-bikes.
Greetings from the border of the Baltic Sea.
Axel
Paulchen.png Paulchen_2.jpg Paulchen_1.jpg

Thanks for the suggestion, I'm booked in at the dealer now though.

In reality, I think the permanent solution will suit us well. My boy is 5 now and we will hopefully use it to carry bikes 2-3 times a week through the warmer months.

Thanks again M