Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Which SUV? X-Trail, Outlander?

BigMan

BigMan

Off topic I know so please remove if I am not allowed to ask this but I think I will get more unbiased answers on here.

We are changing our Honda CRV next month and looking for a change, at the moment we are considering a new X Trail or an Outlander Phev, looking to spend around £30k just wondering if anyone owns one of the obove or are there any alternatives I have missed? Also before anyone says I should use my Cali as my daily driver this is not an option for us as my wife uses it during the day.

Thanks in advance.

Basic Discovery Sport? I test drove both and I thought the X-Trail sounded a bit agricultural, really liked the Sport. However, think the X-trail was the 2016 model. The Seat Ateca is smaller but a nice drive. Also the Skoda Kodiak but I've not seen one in the flesh. It wasn't out when I finally bought my van.

I love my X trail. It has done over 70k now and I find it easy to drive and park (great reversing camera), excellent in snow and fab visibility. Mine is the old model and the boot is the on,y one I could fit my dog cages into. Highly recommend, especially in chilli pepper red with silver bling :)

If you're not bothered about image and fancy spending a bit less... Skoda Yeti. The 4x4 version. Loads of interior space for a medium-format SUV. Very direct and precise to drive on road. Mine never goes properly XC but the off road performance is reported to be surprisingly good in most reviews, if that's what you need. In the north of Scotland every other car on the road seems to be a Yeti.

Downside? Well, it's really a VW... :sorry

I've had my x trail for 12 years and 148,000 miles.I think they are excellent.

Why not go for a VW Pan Americana or Rockton, :)
Will look nice next to the Cali...:cheers

I've not driven one but I like the new Seat Ateca which I expect is the same platform as the Skoda Kodiak & new VW Tiguan?

Every other caravan at last weekends site in the Peak District was being towed by a Kia Sportage, their recent facelift looks smart.

The skoda yeti as suggested above is an excellent all rounder & very well priced in my opinion. We have a BMW X3 & have to say it superb at what it does. Just my opinion but if I was looking at xtrails etc I'd consider a lightly used x3. We've done 60,000miles in ours so far without a single fault & excellent service form our local BMW garage.

Can I throw the Freelander into the mix. I had three. Not a problem with any of them. Perhaps my favourite Land Rover vehicle. Brilliant in snow, looks good, great interior. Got to be considered. I would have one again tomorrow.

I thought they stopped making the Freelander around 4 years ago? Was it not replaced by the Disco Sport?

I thought they stopped making the Freelander around 4 years ago? Was it not replaced by the Disco Sport?
Correct. Disco Sport overpriced though. A nice used Freelander HSE.......

Correct. Disco Sport overpriced though. A nice used Freelander HSE.......

I think the OP was looking at new vehicle options (although he seems to have gone quiet since posting his question, so maybe we can now just drop this non-Cali thread).