Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Which wheel cleaning product

RoB5urf

RoB5urf

Beach with 2-seat bench
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Can anybody recommend a product to clean Black Cascavels? Seems there are different products depending on what type of alloys you have, e.g whether they're lacquered or not. I'm not sure which category Cascavels fall into.

Just returned from Halfords and found the choice of car cleaning products bewildering:confused:

Autoglym wheel cleaner to remove the baked in stuff. Meguiars scratch x to remove any small scratches. Poorboys wheel sealant to bring back the shine. Regular cleaning with a spray bottle containing a mix of shampoo and water with a small sponge. Spray the wheel to pre soak and then use the sponge dipped in a normal bucket of car shampoo and water and wash making sure the wheel is very wet to help wash dirt off. If they are very dirty then pressure wash first to reduce the risk of scratching. Top up the shine with a bit more sealant when necessary.

If you wash regularly Bilberry wheel cleaner will do just fine.

We have the bog standard 16" alloys on our Beach. They are just fine but are very fiddly to clean. I use Autoglym wheel cleaner and one of their special wheel cleaning brushes. I also use a set of three fluffy wheel cleaning wands.

The big problem is cleaning the rest of the wheel and for this I have a cunning plan. When the tyres need replacing I intend to look for a set of new standard 17" Devonport alloys on Ebay etc. The difference in the cost of new tyres as opposed to new alloys and tyres may only be about £100 or so and they would also be much easier to clean. Because the 17" wheels with 16" brakes leave much bigger clearances it will be alot easier to get in and clean the rest of the wheel without removal.

Back