Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Who is at Camp Bestival?

Kevin&Becci

Kevin&Becci

One year in and loving it.
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150 4Motion
There are soooooo many VW vans at Camp Bestival there must be some forum members here????? Anyone else????

We are sad not to be there this year - it's such a great festival. Have lots of fun.

Thanks. It's our second time here (first in campervan though). It's a great festival.

I reckon so - my wife and I would just have had a different experience without the boys but excellent nonetheless. It's not super-mainstream but for forty somethings it's pretty well spot on.

We were there but saw the forecast for last night and decided to head home and go as day visitors today - hope those still there survived the night? I have to say although the wind was noisy Friday night, I did feel sorry for the poor souls in their tents (as I grappled to put the animated Quechua Base down at 3.30am!) Love our Cali even more now, it kept us all safe and dry ... planning to go again next year already!

We’re here! Having an awesome weekend despite the onslaught of crazy weather overnight. Currently awaiting the announcement of whether the site can open today. Loads of Calis here, seen at least 15. A good number of people abandoning due to the weather but we’re sticking it out as is the other T6 next to us - a nearby Marco Polo just evacuated!

Well done for being so brave, we are supposed to eat at River Cottage Kitchen today so also awaiting news of site opening. I can’t really believe the weather considering the last month or two, hey ho at least we were in campervans! Enjoy the rest of your stay.

I think that they have cancelled it now.

Well done for being so brave, we are supposed to eat at River Cottage Kitchen today so also awaiting news of site opening. I can’t really believe the weather considering the last month or two, hey ho at least we were in campervans! Enjoy the rest of your stay.

Our friends are really angry as they were also supposed to be eating at River Cottage tonight and even though its cancelled they have been offered a voucher for a midweek meal. Not much use seeing as they live in Manchester!!

Our friends are really angry as they were also supposed to be eating at River Cottage tonight and even though its cancelled they have been offered a voucher for a midweek meal. Not much use seeing as they live in Manchester!!

Same here, we’re in London all week - but I did get another email (contrary to their original statement that they don’t offer refunds in accordance with their T’s&C’s) to say they are “looking into what can be done”. I’d be happy with vouchers for River Cottage chain but cannot make the meals they offered this week (presumably to use up all the food they’ve bought in).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We went, had a great time. Campervan central.
Left on Sunday morning as we predicted the cancellation, that weather wasn't going to get any better.
Mr Tumble and Andy and the Oddsocks was very popular with our three year old, I enjoyed the Stereo MC's, love those baselines.

calis.jpg

Back