Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Why can't UK get the special stuff?

The spec we get is determined by the importers, VWUK. If there is enough demand, I am sure they will get the required spec listed. Tell them what you want to see...but don't hold your breath!

Alan
Well then, if I would be ordering a new Cali, and I would want the two toned colour and VWUK would say "no" I would ask them to show me the specs regulation printed by cash strapped VW Deutscheland WHY it is send forboden. After all that which rolls off the salesperson's tongue means they have read it in print. THEN if I really felt like it, I would social media go after VW. Might win, might lose, but good sport.

Perhaps if we stay in EU we might swap to the other side of the road then we can have it all! :) VW ought to offer a factory wrap, completely personalise your van, probably make a fortune off it.

I wonder if you could get the bottom half wrapped to make a two tone one?

Absolutely. I'm most likely getting mine wrapped soon (upholstery is top of the list though) and definitely considering having only half of it wrapped to get a two-tone effect. For those who aren't familiar with it, it's a vinyl covering that you can get in any colour, finish or print. It is a LOT cheaper than getting a respray, is completely reversible and - although it is very thin - it definitely adds an extra element of protection to your paintwork. My car has been wrapped matt black for about 5 years now and various minor scrapes and scuffs have been limited to the wrap and not damaged my paintwork. Also, you can have sections replaced easily so repairs are also a lot cheaper than paintwork repairs.

Absolutely. I'm most likely getting mine wrapped soon (upholstery is top of the list though) and definitely considering having only half of it wrapped to get a two-tone effect. For those who aren't familiar with it, it's a vinyl covering that you can get in any colour, finish or print. It is a LOT cheaper than getting a respray, is completely reversible and - although it is very thin - it definitely adds an extra element of protection to your paintwork. My car has been wrapped matt black for about 5 years now and various minor scrapes and scuffs have been limited to the wrap and not damaged my paintwork. Also, you can have sections replaced easily so repairs are also a lot cheaper than paintwork repairs.
Have you priced up a half wrap yet?

I wonder if you could get the bottom half wrapped to make a two tone one?
That's what we're doing when our new Beach arrives in however many months. Also wondered about doing the top half to stop roof corrosion!

Have you priced up a half wrap yet?

It will be about £2000 to get a full wrap in a fancy vinyl that I liked (glitter black). The metallic/unusual vinyls are more expensive than plain gloss/matt vinyl so could do it cheaper, but I haven't got a definite price for the half wrap - I just mentioned it to them. There are probably cheaper places but as I have been very happy with the results on my car, I'd rather go back to a place I trust as it's a big job.

Back