Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Widget trouble.

S

Stewcat

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Hi everyone. We have just got a new T6 Cali Ocean and now trying to work out how everything works. Has anyone else had problems with the little (1cm or so) black rubber buffers falling out of the metal rack which supports the mattress? We cannot get them in again. They are supposed to twist in like buttons I think. Is there any other solution to stop the rack hitting the rear seat? Many thanks.

Undo the plastic triangular bracket and pull them through with pliers until the click into place then refit the bracket

Thank you for that advice. Will give it a go. Do you know if it’s possible to replace the little buffers as we can’t find one of them? Thanks again

Oh good. We can use the pliers with a bit more vigour then! Many thanks

Thank you for that advice. Will give it a go. Do you know if it’s possible to replace the little buffers as we can’t find one of them? Thanks again
If bits are falling off get them replaced under warranty.

I've got a few rattling around my Cali, as have hundreds of others I suspect :D

I have no intention of replacing mine: if I attacked anything with screwdrivers and pliers I would be needing a new cali by tomorrow and after 5 years of doing without I don't lose sleep over it anymore :(

Last edited:
I've got a few rattling around my Cali, as have hundreds of others I suspect :D

I have no intention of replacing mine: if I attacked anything with screwdrivers and pliers I would be needing a new cali by tomorrow and after 5 years of doing without I don't lose sleep over it anymore :(
Thank you all. Just found another widget which came with the Cali. No idea what it’s for. Two of each bit: Velcro band, bracket and spar with bracket. Am going to attach photo if I can. Any ideas??

02AFE6FD-E9B2-4ECC-894C-BBF52BBFDE5A.jpeg

Thank you all. Just found another widget which came with the Cali. No idea what it’s for. Two of each bit: Velcro band, bracket and spar with bracket. Am going to attach photo if I can. Any ideas??

View attachment 36459

I believe this is 2nd time today

Emergency tie down kit.

Have a read of the big book in the glove compartment which will tell you what to do in the event of a problem with electric roof. & Hi.

Mike

26533157-F7E3-4F7D-8A84-52DE1CE35C4C.jpeg

View attachment 36459
Thank you Mike! That’s great. Good to know though hopefully will never need them. We’ll keep them safe. One more in the quiz... there is a cup holder that seems so loose it would be easily knocked out causing spillage. Is there somewhere it’s meant to go? Photo to follow. Thanks for all the help.

View attachment 36494
Thank you Mike! That’s great. Good to know though hopefully will never need them. We’ll keep them safe. One more in the quiz... there is a cup holder that seems so loose it would be easily knocked out causing spillage. Is there somewhere it’s meant to go? Photo to follow. Thanks for all the help.
Just loosen the alan screw, (not too much as it is a devil to reconnect), re position and secure. There are plastic "glasses" available in chandlers that fit perfectly.

Just loosen the alan screw, (not too much as it is a devil to reconnect), re position and secure. There are plastic "glasses" available in chandlers that fit perfectly.
Sorry. My post was rather unclear. I meant the whole cup holder containing cup is easy to dislodge from the kitchen unit with the slightest nudge. I assume it is meant to hang from that unit not elsewhere in the Campervan?? Thanks

Sorry. My post was rather unclear. I meant the whole cup holder containing cup is easy to dislodge from the kitchen unit with the slightest nudge. I assume it is meant to hang from that unit not elsewhere in the Campervan?? Thanks
Ah, just lift the hob/sink cover, locate the cup holder in the track around the unit edge, close the cover. It should be stable and is left in this position during normal driving.

Ah, just lift the hob/sink cover, locate the cup holder in the track around the unit edge, close the cover. It should be stable and is left in this position during normal driving.
Ah thank you. That is much better. Very helpful thanks

crikey. I love a bloke like me that never reads the manual. where I'm from ,reading the instructions is a sign of homosexuality

crikey. I love a bloke like me that never reads the manual. where I'm from ,reading the instructions is a sign of homosexuality
Whilst I am definitely in touch with my feminine side reading manuals seems not to be an indication of sexual preference in our neck of the woods.

Yep, the big black bin in your yard.
Put a small plastic bag in it and fold the top over. Secure the top with a rubber band around the cup holder. Makes a perfect small bin for teabags etc!

Back