Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Wild atlantic way

Sounds good. That’s a trip I’d like to do in the next year or two. Hope you were lucky with the weather.

Just got back from out wild atlantic way trip in Ireland, we went from Rosslare to Galway, traveling over 1600.moles in 10 days, stopping at campsites, hotels and a B&B.
We have 2 routes sketched out, south and north. Been following a vlogger, Charlie & Me to look at potential camping options. How did you find the campsites?

Campsites were a bit of hit and miss, not as good as UK sites, when it comes to facilities, one site, we couldn't find, direction on website were terrible and google couldn't find it, we drove right past it, it didn't even have any signs advertising it, another site thought it was ok to put us 400 m away from toilets, even though we specifically asked for a pitch next to toilets block, showers were also coin operated.
One hotel we booked was a shock, when we arrived, the reception was confused as it had been re-purposed for Ukraine refugees, the owners did apologised and gave compensation, as they had neglected to inform us.
We ended up.in B&B which was a pleasant surprise.
Found Ring of Beara, Dingle and Connemara beautiful and a joy to drive, ring of Kerry was a bit of a disappointing compared to the other three.
Highly recommend the Jamersons tasting tour.
Be prepared for itinerary to change at short notice

Last edited:
Campsites were a bit of hit and miss, not as good as UK sites, when it comes to facilities, one site, we couldn't find, direction on website were terrible and google couldn't find it, we drove right past it, it didn't even have any signs advertising it, another site thought it was ok to put us 400 m away from toilets, even though we specifically asked for a pitch next to toilets block, showers were also coin operated.
One hotel we booked was a shock, when we arrived, the reception was confused as it had been re-purposed for Ukraine refugees, the owners did apologised and gave compensation, as they had neglected to inform us.
We ended up.in B&B which was a pleasant surprise.
Found Ring of Beara, Dingle and Connemara beautiful and a joy to drive, ring of Kerry was a bit of a disappointing compared to the other three.
Highly recommend the Jamersons tasting tour.
Be prepared for itinerary to change at short notice
Thanks - and great downloads of your itinerary - very impressed! Ireland is in our plans for 2023 so all info is good.

For others planning a trip I’d recommend the vlog Charlie & Me, and the associated podcast The Camping Crew. The guy must have been to 90% of sites in Eire - it gives a reasonable overview - and calibrates expectations.

Just got back from out wild atlantic way trip in Ireland, we went from Rosslare to Galway, traveling over 1600 miles in 10 days, stopping at campsites, hotels and a B&B.
Blimey you done all that in 10days! I spent 4weeks doing it the opposite way and still felt rushed.
Don’t tell everyone how amazing it is as it so unspoilt or it will end up like the nc500:headbang

View attachment 93845We are planning exactly the same trip in August. I hope you can answer a few questions?
What software did you use to record the trip? I’d like to document the trip as you have.
Did you have any problems with midges? We were eaten alive in north-west Scotland a year or so back!
Varied layered clothing seems vital. Any tips?
We plan to sleep in the top as we are just two. Did that work for you?

What software did you use to record the trip? I’d like to document the trip as you have.
Did you have any problems with midges? We were eaten alive in north-west Scotland a year or so back!
Google maps recorded route and had Gopro mounted on dash to recored the oh ah moments, which were quite a few, will have to spend months editing it. Lol

I’m also looking for a nice Looking map to record my route. I’m 8 weeks into a 10 week tour of Portugal and now have COVID so time to spare to catch up on my diary!

I’ve now stumbled across a great app called Polarsteps. Android and iPhone. This free app scans all your photos and builds both a map and photo albums.
They make their money from offering to turn your pics into a printed photo album, but that is optional.
Polarsteps even found 4 year old pictures from my trip to Japan, built a map and an album that I could share. We’ll be using it for our Irish trip.