Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Wind deflectors? Yes or No

I've the Heko 1s at £35. Brilliant. Can leave the front windows open slightly at night with no wind or rain getting in. Helps with air flow and no condensation.

View attachment 84346
Thanks are they fitted on that photo?
Thing is...I have a £500 voucher for VW accessories...

The Heko aren't 'stick on' then?
No. Fit into the window recess and secured with some small clips. Passenger one went on with no issues, but the drivers one bounced as others have reported on here. Followed the advice on here and helped it home and left it to learn where new home is and it's been fine since. Happy with the ability to ventilate in the rain. Perfect

I prefer the stick ons.
I understand that the ones that fit in the channel may not fit if you have the laminated glass in the windows as the glass is too thick.

I prefer neither, although I have the ones that fit
into the channel.
They are fine.

The VW ones seem very xpensive to me. I have the Dubflecta retro, can't remember what they cost as it was 5years ago but somewhere around £35 back then.

I prefer the stick ons.
I understand that the ones that fit in the channel may not fit if you have the laminated glass in the windows as the glass is too thick.
What models please have laminated glass - surely everything up from and probably including a T5 ? Definitely need to sort myself out with a pair of these before my next trip - rain / condensation is a nightmare without them. Anybody experienced different ones and have an opinion on what is best / best avoided ?

What models please have laminated glass - surely everything up from and probably including a T5 ? Definitely need to sort myself out with a pair of these before my next trip - rain / condensation is a nightmare without them. Anybody experienced different ones and have an opinion on what is best / best avoided ?
6.1s with sports pack come with the Z2C laminated cab glass

Is it possible to purchase Dubflecta products in Europe? Brexit made it a b*tch to order from UK

I got the dealer to fit the VW deflectors and am happy with them.

So, having previously sung the praises of the Heko deflectors, I dropped the passenger side window today and the deflector came down with it !
The clips were left in situ, which I have managed to tease back out and they still look ok.
I was thinking of ordering some spare clips from ebay and doubling up on the clips (i.e 4 per window , instead of the supplied 2. Obviously the 3M tape is no longer sticky, although I was unconvinced on the effectiveness of those tiny strips to start with.

I must admit, the clips worry me a tad, after seeing the Amazon review where one guy had managed to damage the edge of the window with them. Anyone else doubled up on them?

Am I going to end up going with the stick deflectors after all :(

So, having previously sung the praises of the Heko deflectors, I dropped the passenger side window today and the deflector came down with it !
The clips were left in situ, which I have managed to tease back out and they still look ok.
I was thinking of ordering some spare clips from ebay and doubling up on the clips (i.e 4 per window , instead of the supplied 2. Obviously the 3M tape is no longer sticky, although I was unconvinced on the effectiveness of those tiny strips to start with.

I must admit, the clips worry me a tad, after seeing the Amazon review where one guy had managed to damage the edge of the window with them. Anyone else doubled up on them?

Am I going to end up going with the stick deflectors after all :(
Coincidently @Stu@rt only yesterday I noticed the Heko deflector on the passenger door of our van had dropped. Pushed it back but haven’t investigated further yet.

Coincidently @Stu@rt only yesterday I noticed the Heko deflector on the passenger door of our van had dropped. Pushed it back but haven’t investigated further yet.
Another +1 for Heko’s. Personally I much prefer the look of them to the stick on ones. Mine were supplied with four clips per side and seem very solid once pushed fully home. Someone on Youtube recommended a wooden spatula to seat them securely which worked a treat.

VW stick ons for me! My only reason for fitting deflectors is to allow windows to be opened for ventilation at night. The stick ons sit further out and so allow more air flow.

My Heko's have been fine during the 15 months they've been fitted. Having said that, if I did have issues I might not bother replacing them (with new Heko's or any other brand). I bought them to aid ventilation when sleeping overnight and I'm not convinced they do enough on their own.

Resurrecting an old thread :)

I want to buy wind deflectors and i am leaning towards the original stick-ons vs channel version.
Was looking at the dutch VW site but cannot make out from the picture if these are the stock ons. To me they look like in channel versions. Could thay have switched?

I want to buy wind deflectors and i am leaning towards the original stick-ons vs channel version.
Was looking at the dutch VW site but cannot make out from the picture if these are the stock ons. To me they look like in channel versions. Could thay have switched?

They don’t look like the “original“ stick on . The image also looks Like it might not be a photo, so maybe they’ve used a generic image rather than the real thing.
Probably worth a call to the local dealer to clarify.

ClimAir.
Had two sets on two different 6.1 Oceans.
Love em.

They look like stick on type. They’re not exactly the same as ours (VW made) but similar. They work well by the way. We put ours on 18 months ago, and theyre still fine.

Back