Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Wind out awning fabric - we replaced it with stripes!

Just replaced my Thule Omnistor Awning fabric replaced for £109 today in approx 1 hour!
Fabric was £59.82 from Attwools online. It's a 680gsm PVC coated Polyester mesh fabric, ideal fr this application and it's available in loads of colour options.
The Keder strip was £9, you need 2x sizes, 5mm for the van/winder side and I used 8mm for the wind out edge.
Feel free to message me if you want more info.
I'm doing the same. But the width is 2.6m and the reach 2.0. was yours cut to measure or did you cut yourself? I can wee a 680g but one is 2.5m and the other 3m??? did you buy the keder strips there as well?

I'm doing the same. But the width is 2.6m and the reach 2.0. was yours cut to measure or did you cut yourself? I can wee a 680g but one is 2.5m and the other 3m??? did you buy the keder strips there as well?
actually i got those measurements wrong...! On their sire they say 260cm and 300cm re the width. how did you get your specs ordered and are my initial measurements the same as yours? thx for any help!

Hi Holly Bus, I ordered a piece of 680gsm canvas measuring 2.5m x 2.0m and I cut it myself down to 2.4m (easy done with sharp scissors). I got the Keder strips from Ebay (make sure you get 5mm for the van edge and 8mm for the extending edge)

Image 02-08-2023 at 18.25.jpeg

I too have been down this road. I spoke to Kevin at Attwools manufacturing and they said they would cut the PVC sheet to size and sew in the kador beading for me. It was perfect except the timeline was too long for me to wait but total cost estimate was less then £200.

I too have been down this road. I spoke to Kevin at Attwools manufacturing and they said they would cut the PVC sheet to size and sew in the kador beading for me. It was perfect except the timeline was too long for me to wait but total cost estimate was less then £200.

I Have read for the past 8 years of people with early Thule awnings splitting at the joint (this is not in the newer awnings). I reckoned mine must have been a good one and escaped the pain. However, in June just like all the others mine split at the joint. I decided to go down the route of getting a local awning canopy company make one to fit. A number of other forum members have suggested and done this. So , I ordered one in Grey with a red pin stripe. (quite sophisticated). In the mean time I decided to sell the van. I quickly found a buyer through the forum. The vehicle was sold, paid for and collected before the new fabric arrived. The manufacturer of the fabric was delayed for about 4 weeks. I had paid for the fabric to be made up so collected it. Consequently I now have this for sale. It comes complete with the kador strips to fit to an awning with the split fabric. There are a number of posts on doing this. including this one.

It cost me £250. But will accept £125 + P&P. and is advertised in the items For Sale section

Photos to be provided
Reply or message me if interested.

Ian

I Have read for the past 8 years of people with early Thule awnings splitting at the joint (this is not in the newer awnings). I reckoned mine must have been a good one and escaped the pain. However, in June just like all the others mine split at the joint. I decided to go down the route of getting a local awning canopy company make one to fit. A number of other forum members have suggested and done this. So , I ordered one in Grey with a red pin stripe. (quite sophisticated). In the mean time I decided to sell the van. I quickly found a buyer through the forum. The vehicle was sold, paid for and collected before the new fabric arrived. The manufacturer of the fabric was delayed for about 4 weeks. I had paid for the fabric to be made up so collected it. Consequently I now have this for sale. It comes complete with the kador strips to fit to an awning with the split fabric. There are a number of posts on doing this. including this one.

It cost me £250. But will accept £125 + P&P. and is advertised in the items For Sale section

Photos to be provided
Reply or message me if interested.

Ian
Hi Ian is this still available? Thanks Pete

Hi Ian,

will it fit my 2016 California awning? Thule omnistor? Is it showerproof material, similar to the original?

Mine also started to split on the seam in the summer last year.
What will the price be including delivery to Manchester,

Thanks

Hi Ian,

will it fit my 2016 California awning? Thule omnistor? Is it showerproof material, similar to the original?

Thanks
Hi Peteb

I live I NI. Unless you have someone in NI who can collect I’m not over in your direction until May. But I’m sure postage will be about £10 so expect a full price of £135. I will have to find a box to roll it up into but would send it either post office or parcel force .

Regards
Ian

Hi Ian,

Thanks
Hi Pete,
Sorry I didn’t answer all your questions. Yes it will fit your awning it was made for the same Thule Omnistor awning on a 2015 California. It is made of a shower roof fabric. Hope that helps.

Ian

Hi Ian,

can I post my contact details on here? I’m not a Vip member so I can’t message you directly, not sure if you can message me?

pete

Hi Pete. If you post your phone or email I’ll contact you

Ian

Back