Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Windbreakers

S

Silverfox

VIP Member
I'm opening this new thread instead of the on going 'Basic Kit' thread, as wind breakers aren't really essential!

I've been thinking of buying the side panels for my awning, front and back, on a recent holiday I used a Vango Windbreaker bought couple of years ago from Go Outdoors, actually used more for privacy then windbreak and it worked well, can't remember exact cost, but I think about £25.00 - the front and back side panels for the attached awning are £160 &£140.00 (last time I looked) - has anyone got them and do they rate them, is there another alternative out there! any pics with them set up.

Hope no one's caught up in the awful weather further south form us!

Cheers

Kevin

Kevin, We use the side panels from California Camping and I must say they are one of our best purchases, they not only give you extra privacy but they keep the rain out of the awning and also reflect the sun. Best thing of all is the space they take up which is minimal when packed away compared to windbreaks as they literally just fold up and go in a bag. Also fitting/taking them down takes minutes. You can just buy which panels you need, I know some people use all three but I think just one or two is perfect.

image.php

Thanks Martin -
great picture exactly what I wanted to see, made my mind up, already have the one man tent, ordering the sides later -

Cheers

Kevin

Hi Iain:

Have a look on XXXXXXXX - then on the drop down Bandrup, prices have now gone up, or I got it wrong!!! £194.00 front and £160.00 side wall.

Kevin

be giving them a ring on Monday, sods law! my sons German girlfriends been here for a week and went home yesterday, she could've sorted it all out for me!

Thanks again Martin

Kevin

Ulli speaks and writes perfect English, no worries. You can just email them the request, he will do you a quote, you normally pay via paypal (which does seem a bit odd the first time but is fine..)

Hi - thanks very much, just e-mailing now, no rush for them really, long trip planned from September regards Kevin

Hi;

Just received my side/front awning walls from Ulli, had first class service from Ulli and the couriers, sent from Germany on Saturday and arrived at my home Wednesday afternoon - only had chance to have a look in the house at present, but they look really well made product, great price too(£252.00), hope they preform as well as they look.

Kevin

Martin said:
We use the [awning] side panels from California Camping

Hi, Martin

Just realised I never said: these look great!

Are you bringing them with you later?
Would love to have a look at them...

Best wishes,
Steve

Hi Steve, yes I will have these with me :thumb

They will be handy to shade away from the hot sun we are expecting :lol:

Nice Martin :thumb

Can see why you also needed a Awning Tie Down Kit that goes over the top of the awning.

John

Back