Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

She's here!

Hi Del & thanks a lot.

The cost was £329. I paid this seperately on the day of collection.
The extra 2 years' warranty covers the 'Transporter van' aspects of it - not the camping part. So engine, gearbox, 4x4, cab equipment etc should be covered for 5 years. Elevating roof, kitchenette etc are only covered by the standard 3 year warranty. This is my understanding.

I've had big repair bills in the past, so £329 for extra peace of mind during years 4 & 5 was a bargain I thought. I assume it could be transfered to a new owner if I ever decided to sell - so a significant selling feature too.

Hope your van comes soon. They are utterly fantastic - even when they are just sitting there on the drive, never mind camping ;)

Cheers
Tom

HI Tommy
I'm sure there will be lots of comments about this .I was told that the warranty that we bought as part of the order, includes all things California. My dealer told me that it was on the Transporter and VW extented it to California. He then contacted VW to confirm, since he didn't believe it either and he has confirmed that it was for all of the California not just the mechanical bits..

here is also a lengthy thread here somewhere discussing this very topic.

Teejay

HI Tommy
I'm sure there will be lots of comments about this .I was told that the warranty that we bought as part of the order, includes all things California. My dealer told me that it was on the Transporter and VW extented it to California. He then contacted VW to confirm, since he didn't believe it either and he has confirmed that it was for all of the California not just the mechanical bits..

here is also a lengthy thread here somewhere discussing this very topic.

Teejay
Hi Teejay,

Yes, I do remember seeing some of that thread, but I can't remember what the final outcome was. I was assured that the extended warranty only covered the Transporter aspects, & that was confirmed just last week when I picked it up. If it does cover the camping bits too, then great.

If there has been a change to policy then I'm guessing it will be under protest from VW.
The £329 extended warranty price seems to be the same for a bobby-basic Transporter. Amazed VW would cover the riskier parts such as elevating roof without asking for more. I suppose Californias account for a very small percentage of Transporter sales. Maybe it's not worth the hassle changing literature, websites, policy etc to say that it doesn't include the Cali.
I don't know.

Cheers

Back