Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Window tint

Looks just like the T6 window van our local undertaker uses. No seats in the back but a funny plinth on the rails.
How is it funny and how can you see it with 20% tint?

Looks great! Which windows did you do in 35%, the double glazed ones?
If I'm honest I cant remember which way round they said they went to combat the mirroring effect of the double glazing and the warranty certificate only quotes 20 and 35% used
PS cost was £180

@bec2557 which company tinted your windows? Looks really good

Hi Grant reasonably close to you actually - Spotless Detailing in Perth ( Callum)

http://www.spotlessvaleting.co.uk

I also had them apply an Xpel clear wrap to help protect against chips and scratches to the complete front end, bonnet, mirrors, rear bumper and all 4 door handle cups they also stripped off the original VW clear protection pieces at the rear wheel arches and replaced with larger sections - £850 inc Vat - 10 year material warranty against yellowing or splitting - included a machine polish prior to application
Looks good you can't tell its there and it seems to enhance the sheen off the paintwork when compared to the panels without it.

http://www.xpel.com/xpel-ultimate-paint-protection-film/

Hi Grant reasonably close to you actually - Spotless Detailing in Perth ( Callum)

http://www.spotlessvaleting.co.uk

I also had them apply an Xpel clear wrap to help protect against chips and scratches to the complete front end, bonnet, mirrors, rear bumper and all 4 door handle cups they also stripped off the original VW clear protection pieces at the rear wheel arches and replaced with larger sections - £850 inc Vat - 10 year material warranty against yellowing or splitting - included a machine polish prior to application
Looks good you can't tell its there and it seems to enhance the sheen off the paintwork when compared to the panels without it.

http://www.xpel.com/xpel-ultimate-paint-protection-film/
That’s brilliant, I think I’ll give them a call tomorrow. Many thanks for the recommendation

I agree Skewif, had mine done 2 years ago and looks great (much better in my opinion) and practical benefits are excellent re: privacy, security, and cool in hot temps. I also had the front doors done in clear security film, a useful deterrant should any nasty person attempt to enter Stanley.

What! Cover the view and sit in a blind lined cell of your own making just to make up for the fact that the privacy glass really isn't.
My elderly neighbours favoured net curtains to stop people looking at them, obviously they could not admire the lovely view outside their living room windows but hey they kept their privacy.

My elderly neighbours favoured net curtains to stop people looking at them, obviously they could not admire the lovely view outside their living room windows but hey they kept their privacy.
Maybe the club shop could stock custom made net curtain sets for those who believe tinting is the devils work?

Not for devils, just looks naff
.... but would it still be naff if VW offered real privacy glass like they do on their cars?

Last edited:

I had those fitted to my Cali.

I thought that as a member of a well known caravanning club they were essential equipment along with the accompanying video on :how to twitch" :shocked

I tinted my own side windows with some film bought from ebay. There are plenty of videos on the net as to how to do it. Cleanliness (of the glass not you!) and patients are required in abundance. The best bit is if it gets scratched, I can just redo it. I must confess though a pro did my rear window as I gave up after 4 go's! It is not a straight as it looks. Pro rear window tint cost me £50 all in.

Getting mine done tomorrow, I plan on taking some pics before and after both inside and outside for anyone interested.

Getting mine done tomorrow, I plan on taking some pics before and after both inside and outside for anyone interested.

Do you know what % you are going for? I collected mine on Monday and very happy with the grade of tint, though didn’t ask what the % was.

I did not realise what people were on about when describing the mis-matched windows but I saw one today in Tesco car park where they had had extra tint added but the window behind the wardrobe units was still the standard privacy resulting in this mis-matched look. For me it looked like they had forgotten to do a window and I suspect most non-Cali owners would also think this. It is a shame as I was tempted to go for some extra tint on mine but after seeing this I think I will give it a miss.

Back