Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Windscreen cover daylight flap.

JohnCalifornia

JohnCalifornia

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
So this weekend we have gone to Barnoldswick for the weekend on our 2nd camping trip this year. We put our rainbow windscreen cover on last night as we always do at night time but because it has been raining (all weekend so far ) we have left t on through the day. Now when it’s fitted it makes the cab inside the van very dark as you can imagine. My other half noticed a motor home with a windscreen cover fitted but only half of the windscreen covered and said that’s a good idea. After looking at mine in depth I’ve only just realized mine too has the half window covering option. I thought it came in 3 parts windscreen and 2 side windows and all Velcroed together but it’s actually all in one piece and the Velcro bit is for the half window option. What a great idea……. I’ve only had the cover a year……….

927779CB-23E0-41C7-914B-59E5D8619FAF.jpeg

B2AC3DBC-0054-442F-9779-5EEA2E1F4401.jpeg

BE6742BC-17C6-4DE9-A887-9BBE12FBD86E.jpeg

So this weekend we have gone to Barnoldswick for the weekend on our 2nd camping trip this year. We put our rainbow windscreen cover on last night as we always do at night time but because it has been raining (all weekend so far ) we have left t on through the day. Now when it’s fitted it makes the cab inside the van very dark as you can imagine. My other half noticed a motor home with a windscreen cover fitted but only half of the windscreen covered and said that’s a good idea. After looking at mine in depth I’ve only just realized mine too has the half window covering option. I thought it came in 3 parts windscreen and 2 side windows and all Velcroed together but it’s actually all in one piece and the Velcro bit is for the half window option. What a great idea……. I’ve only had the cover a year……….

View attachment 122873

View attachment 122874

View attachment 122875
Likewise have a rainbow screen and use the flap in the daytime, let’s some light in, but maintains a level of privacy.

that's todays top tip its so obvious but me missed it

Yep, it’s useful isn’t it.
Every day a school day with a Cali.

Yep, it’s useful isn’t it.
Every day a school day with a Cali.
I wonder if it’s like that by design- I did wonder why it was in three bits- mine was second hand so never got instructions

Mine came with the Cali too so I never had instructions either….

I wonder if it’s like that by design- I did wonder why it was in three bits- mine was second hand so never got instructions
Yes it is. You pay extra to have the Velcro flap if you purchase from new, otherwise it is solid stitching all up the sides.

My unbranded cover comes in three Velcro fixing parts just like this one and I have never thought of dropping the top half.
We live and learn.