Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Windscreen sun shade

Markdleeming

Markdleeming

MarkL
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Can anyone recommend a sun shade for the front windscreen please? Dashboard gets awfully hot in the sun and it would be handy to have a reflective screen to put quickly in the front window as don't really want to put the supplied curtain up when parking.

Can anyone recommend a sun shade for the front windscreen please? Dashboard gets awfully hot in the sun and it would be handy to have a reflective screen to put quickly in the front window as don't really want to put the supplied curtain up when parking.
Why not?
Works a treat for me
If you start doubling up on things that's valuable space being used up!

Alan

We use this Brandrup protection. It works perfect for hot and cold climate.
1006.jpg

When i park up on sunny days for more than 30 min , ALL the blinds go down.
Thats what they are made for.
You can always use a thermalscreen , try the one from Comfortz ( forum supplier)

I have bought the Isolite Extreme as living in NE Scotland it can get quite cold when camping in spring / autumn (summer too some years). My van is sadly parked on the driveway and in the sun and last week I put the Isolite extreme on all the windows as when I went in to fetch something it was really warm - even with 5% tint on the windows. I was actually quite shocked when I entered the van y'day afternoon as to how cold it was relative to the outside temperature. So very pleased with the Isolte Extreme so far.

I also use the vw curtains for the windscreen on my T6 ocean ,but burn my fingers on the metal grips when removing them again, anyone else with this problem ?

image.jpeg
Cheap in Auchan in France. They also have a really cheap one for 1.90€ but can't vouch for the quality of that one

Looks good. Does it tuck in the doors/windows to stop it getting nicked? or I suppose for that price you could just chance it.
Magnetic. Although I have found that the magnets are not as strong as I would like so I'm going to replace the top ones with some stronger ones.

Magnetic. Although I have found that the magnets are not as strong as I would like so I'm going to replace the top ones with some stronger ones.
Is it blackout material? Thanks

Is it blackout material? Thanks
No. It's silver/light grey in colour. Just a reflective surface or ant-frost cover that folds into a 4"x6" pouch that's easily fixed. Cheap and cheerful.

1006.jpg
I agree and it concertinas up to stow in the chair storage area so you don't even know it's there!

I agree and it concertinas up to stow in the chair storage area so you don't even know it's there!
This is exactly where we store it along with the front side windows shades.

1006.jpg
We use this one also and is very good. I like the fact it doesn't condensate e window on the inside. We did have the Brandrup internal screen but got fed up with internal condensation. In addition external screens reflect the heat far better than the internal versions. Downside is that you can't roll this up, so has to fold flat and it does take up some space...

We use this one also and is very good. I like the fact it doesn't condensate e window on the inside. We did have the Brandrup internal screen but got fed up with internal condensation. In addition external screens reflect the heat far better than the internal versions. Downside is that you can't roll this up, so has to fold flat and it does take up some space...

Not if you concertina it and store with the tailgate chairs. Zips in nicely and always there when you need it....
upload_2016-6-16_21-58-39.png

Back