Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Wine cooler.

Johnboy

Johnboy

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
I have a T6 beach with an integral wine cooler below the dashboard. My wife got pretty enthusiastic about this feature, but this soon disappeared when we realised it would not fit a bottle of prosecco.... so as a result I have not given it much thought.

I have however tried to get the thing to work with a regular bottle of wine, but there seems to be no mention of how the cooler works in the manual. Anyone on the forum know how it works?? Is it any good??

Any information gratefully received.

Wine should be in the fridge , a botlle of water should be always in there instaed

As far as I know, there is only A/C in the glove compartment. And that is the way it works – turn the A/C on and the colder the more cool air is guided into the compartment (if the opening is not closed). We use the bottle compartment for water and our wine is in the fridge …

The dial vent outlet located at the back of the bottle compartment needs to be turned to open just like the indentical one in the glove box. It is my understanding that both vents only emit air at the same temperature as the aircon, so it won’t keep a bottle cold unless you’re aircon is set to low. I doubt it would actually cool a bottle significantly.

Thanks folks...…. will investigate but expectations are somewhat limited !!!

Sounds like it could be a wine heater also...
John

Back