Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Wiper blades leaving black lines on winsceen - T6 Ocean

ETOCWEN

ETOCWEN

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
WP_20161108_10_48_42_Pro.jpg WP_20161108_10_48_48_Pro.jpg I have an annoying problem with the wiper blades leaving a black film on the windscreen at each end of the wipe. This results in a vertical line next to the door pillar and a diagonal line in the middle in front of the driver. These line won't just wash off, they are greasy and stubborn to remove even using methylated spirits. The Cali is only 6 months old, so Firstly, is this a common problem with the T6? has anyone experienced this problem before.

You have probably picked something up, oil or tar.

You need some solvent to clean it all up, aerosol brake cleaner will do it but spray onto a cloth first and don't spray it directly on to any plastic trim.

Should agree with Loz , don't think it is a Cali problem .
Change the blades .

Think I will end up changing the blades, I have had this problem for the last 3 months, its only done 3500 miles. none of my other vehicles have suffered this problem. I am cleaning the windscreen every two weeks, cleaned it today with methylated spirits and the blades. Can't really believe its a problem with the blades, we have camped out about a dozen times throughout the summer. Was wondering if it could be something from trees we had to camp almost underneath once.

Thanks for the reply's folks, looks like its only a problem with my van with the possible cause being trees.

Cali Ocean - does the windscreen know that there's a stove in the back? :)

Back