Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Wipers - Service Position

slowcoach65

slowcoach65

VIP Member
For those who aren't aware - as I wasn't :crazy

The nearside wiper on the Cali can't be lifted (to stop it freezing to the window for example) without scraping the edge of the bonnet UNLESS you first put the wipers in the "service position". This is done by turning the ignition on, then off, leave key in ignition, then turn the wiper on for a quick wipe (push down on the stalk). This will set the blades into the vertical. Remove ignition key. You can now lift the nearside wiper without scraping the bonnet.

I suspect most Tesco car washers are not aware of this :headbang

Hope this helps - too late for me, fortunately I have a touch up pack ;)

Andy

You let the Tesco car washers near a 40 grand van. Shame on you. Lucky that's all the damage the caused!

slowcoach65 said:
For those who aren't aware - as I wasn't :crazy

The nearside wiper on the Cali can't be lifted (to stop it freezing to the window for example) without scraping the edge of the bonnet UNLESS you first put the wipers in the "service position". This is done by turning the ignition on, then off, leave key in ignition, then turn the wiper on for a quick wipe (push down on the stalk). This will set the blades into the vertical. Remove ignition key. You can now lift the nearside wiper without scraping the bonnet.

I suspect most Tesco car washers are not aware of this :headbang

Hope this helps - too late for me, fortunately I have a touch up pack ;)

Andy
That's also useful to know for when you want to put a sheet on the windscreen to protect from frost etc. You can secure it under the wiper blades.

Thanks for the tip, I for one was totally unaware this was possible

sebking - I wish it were only £40K :shocked

And fair-cop, I did regret taking it to Tescos - Inow have the mitts, cloths and shampoo and do it myself, mostly :thumb

Andy

Back