Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Work Done After Warranty Expired

C

Cali_Freaks

Hope this is in the right place to post?

:help

I've recently had to have my control unit and sliding roof blind replaced, both failures ocurring 6 weeks after my vehicle's warranty had expired :headbang

My vehicle is a low mileage (sub 18k), well cared for example and servicing/MOT all done in the Franchise network. This is the third control unit since new as I also had the original replaced under warranty ca. 12 months ago.

Despite many hours on the phone to VW commercials and my local dealer (Birmingham) the best 'goodwill' contribution I was offered was 50% - which I have to say given all of the factors mentioned above, I find a little disappointing.

Does anybody else here have any similar experience(s) and am I being too ambitious in expecting more 'goodwill'?

:thanks in advance.

Have the dealer contributed towards the repair at all or is this just VW Customer Care only? If the dealer contributes as well then VWCC can match the contribution made by the dealer to get a bigger contribution towards the repair.

Also you will get a two year warranty on the replacement part that you have paid for if it does go wrong again.

Cheers

Thanks for the response Alex.

I was told that the 50% figure is a combination of VWCC / dealer contribution, the details of which were never really made clear.

Neil Cook at Birmingham was very open, honest and helpful throughout all of this, the biggest disappointment was the attitude which I got from VWCC that I should consider myself lucky to get anything at all.

I paid a premium price for a premium vehicle AND premium service. I understand warranties expire but I don't expect things to immediately break or malfunction - especially when I've looked after the vehicle properly and it's only done 17.5k miles!

Without compromising yourself obviously, do you think 50% is a fair goodwill gesture?

Back