Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Sites in London

Larkrise

Larkrise

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
We travel (by train) from Lincolnshire to London for events quite regularly. When we go to the Albert Hall it is often a hassle getting across from Kensington to Kings Cross for the train home after a concert. We had thought that with the Cali we could camp somewhere and get the tube in and out. But all the sites we have looked at are an hour or so out and would mean arriving back at the site quite late. Has anyone found good places easily linked by tube to central London?

Have you looked at the Caravan Club?

They have sites in Crystal Palace and Abbey Wood. I use both sites for when I visit Twickenham or Wembley for rugby/american football matches.
Both have excellent train links.
Abbey Wood is just short of 30 minute journey to central London. The site at Abbey Wood is a five minute walk from the train station. When the Cross Rail is completed Abbey Wood will be a lot quicker apparently.

Crystal Palace is also just as long in travel time. The Crystal Palace station is a longer walk say 20 mins. You can get a bus to Brixton from outside the site then get the tube into London if you wish.

Trains to both areas run to about midnight from London with night buses also running (if you like a sense of adventure)!

I find the Abbey Wood site is quieter than Crystal Palace (traffic wise).

I think that they are both open to all so you don't have to be a member (I am). For less than £20 quid a night I think the sites are a bargain.

Thanks for that, looks a useful site, and some great reviews. Fastest time from TfL planner is 1hr 20 mins but I guess that is just London, a big place! The suggested route has two buses, rail and tube. Roll on CrossRail.