Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

The Order Is In !

L

LeroyAlita000

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Well after fancying one for years have finally taken the plunge & just placed an order.

I got the imprecision that local dealers (Midlands) would rather sell one of their low mileage used/nearly new ones for more money than I could order a new one from DTD (JCB Eurovans), still their loss.

So the order is in hope I have spec'd it right.
After much deliberation went for the 150 BHP as the majority seem to think this is adequate & keeps the overall cost down.

Factory Fitted Options :
Indium Grey Metallic
Floor Covering Wood Effect
Cupboard In Graphite Grey with shower
Bed Extension+Comfort Sleeping Mat
Art Velours Seat Centre In Leather Look
Sports Styling Package

Not sure how log it will take but hope its quicker than a Golf I had on order a couple of years ago, cancelled the order after 12 months !

So the wait is on, ordered today.
Lee

Welcome. We did the same, ordered from DTD. We bought at the height of Campervan fever so dealers had zero interest in offers, the average being 4%. Very similar spec, minus sports and velours and very happy with our choices. In hindsight we could have gone for 4 Motion as the residuals are better, giving a lower monthly cost, and towbar, or at least prep. Both options though would have led to a 3 - 6 month delay on a van that took a year to come. Eurovans should have given you a good estimate of the current lead times, but I think it’s < 6 months.

Eurovans are essentially selling them just above cost as they work on profits from volume bonus rather than individual van deals. Likely why a smaller volume dealer is not interested in big discounts. If they have also sold their allocation anyway there is no big benefit for them.

Well after fancying one for years have finally taken the plunge & just placed an order.

I got the imprecision that local dealers (Midlands) would rather sell one of their low mileage used/nearly new ones for more money than I could order a new one from DTD (JCB Eurovans), still their loss.

So the order is in hope I have spec'd it right.
After much deliberation went for the 150 BHP as the majority seem to think this is adequate & keeps the overall cost down.

Factory Fitted Options :
Indium Grey Metallic
Floor Covering Wood Effect
Cupboard In Graphite Grey with shower
Bed Extension+Comfort Sleeping Mat
Art Velours Seat Centre In Leather Look
Sports Styling Package

Not sure how log it will take but hope its quicker than a Golf I had on order a couple of years ago, cancelled the order after 12 months !

So the wait is on, ordered today.
Lee
Nice!

I have the 150bhp and it’s punchy!

150bhp engine is adequate. It’s a van not a hot hatch so don’t expect face-bending acceleration but it’ll easily climb all the hills you throw at it and smoothly accelerate. Overtaking is fine too although you need to plan a bit more than in the average car! Economy is good too; I’ve seen over 50mpg on a run and typically mid 40s.

just had a call from Mike at Eurovans the Van has just landed in the UK.
Confirmed that I will get the VW 5 year Warranty/service pack & as long as its registered before 31st the 5yr Interest fee Finance (non of the above were available when initially ordered)
Trying to find the pick up checklist where is this located ?

Confirmed that I will get the VW 5 year Warranty/service pack & as long as its registered before 31st the 5yr Interest fee Finance (non of the above were available when initially ordered)
Hi,

The checklist is in the tab under the resources.
If you search "checklist" there is a few versions and one for T6.1.

Happy adventures in your new van!

To get the checklist you need to be a VIP member - only £14.99, opens up other resources and discount codes and helps to support the running of the forum. :)

Well, despite being told that that van had arrived in the UK early January I'm still waiting for it to arrive at the dealer. However they expect it to be this week.
Just wondering what your thoughts are if it has the 03S bellows fitted. Think it went into production Mid December.

Well, despite being told that that van had arrived in the UK early January I'm still waiting for it to arrive at the dealer. However they expect it to be this week.
Just wondering what your thoughts are if it has the 03S bellows fitted. Think it went into production Mid December.
Picked up mine on 15/1 and has 04S awesome van only day tripping at the moment looking forward to the first proper trip

Back