Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Would you spec the wood effect floor ?

G

GranddadBeattie

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
In the process of ordering a new California Ocean - has anyone real experience of the wood effect floor? not sure whether to add it or not, i thing it looks better but is there a down side?

In the process of ordering a new California Ocean - has anyone real experience of the wood effect floor? not sure whether to add it or not, i thing it looks better but is there a down side?
Yes, it looks good, but many, many owners start off or end up covering the floor with tailored carpets, rubber mats or rugs.

We looked at it. It looks fab. But after reading a few threads on different forums about spilling liquid and it going into the tracks and keeping dust out of the tracks, we knew we would be buying a rug to sit on the floor, therefore not really seeing what was beneath it. So decided not to spend the extra on it.

I agree that it looks nice, but I would always have carpet over the top anyway. You can buy a new brandrup carpet for the living area 4 times for the cost of the wooden floor & there's far cheaper options out there.

I couldn't however live with the bare grey plastic. Its uncomfortable to stand on with bare feet & the grained effect makes it really hard to get properly clean.

I did ordered for mine and every so often I lift the mats to remind me what it looks like!!!!

I deliberated a lot over that. My van fills up with mud and sand - the standard grey plastic floor with little squares is hard to sweep out, although it’s the rails that make it really hard to keep clean.

I wasn’t sure if the wood effect floor would get scuffed with the sand and stones that get in there. Might be even worse with a rug over it, trapping the grit underneath. The standard plastic floor may be ugly but at least I know it’s hard wearing.

In the end I’m sticking with standard, covered with a cheap rug I can just shake out. If I get the wood effect urge, Leroy Merlín sells it by the metre, won’t be as slick as the factory stuff of course.

Thank you for the replies, dealer agreed to split the cost so we've got it, accepting that it will mostly be covered up.

Back