Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Changing the wood effect

R

Rich Corrado

Has anyone ever changed the colour of their kitchen and cupboards?

I was just wondering if it was possible to personalise the interior and get rid of the wood effect?

Now that's what I'm talking about, that looks great! How much did it cost or did you pay him in beer tokens?

Attachments

• 11327005894_be407962bb.jpg
    11327005894_be407962bb.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 261
  • 11327005894_be407962bb.jpg
    11327005894_be407962bb.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 36
the 3m wrap is over £100 its the best stuff out there ..he started at 8am finish at 5.30 pm .can only ask him how much to do it for you :thumb

Now why can't VW get all funky like that? Better still, just make the units in carbon.

Nice. :cool:

S.

Would not change units on our Cali unless I damaged something and wanted a re- cover but I thought that was cheaper than I expected

The pre 2010 kitchen cupboards appear to look great wrapped, however, the face lifted California kitchen has quite a heavy grain in the original wrapping material, therefore, covering this may be problematic.

i could not live the new face lift were the small table is different to the units .i did think about takeing the wood effect off and polsihing the alloy units :eek:

Well I really like what you have done, and I'm all for personalising your Cali.

I'm going to put it on my "to do list " along with some other ideas.

If VW did this funky option i reckon they would add an additional zero on the price!

Hi there,

Smart van! Think i saw it parked out by vanworxs some time ago.

I think i might follow your lead on the cupboard wrapping. Any chance of dropping the chaps number. I live in Bristol so it would be pretty convenient.

Many thanks
Steve

T5WOB said:
the 3m wrap is over £100 its the best stuff out there ..he started at 8am finish at 5.30 pm .can only ask him how much to do it for you :thumb

Hi Martin

I love your bus! I've seen it at a fare few shows and around Bristol a couple of times. Its nice to see something a bit different.

The bus that I'm possibly going to buy has some damage to the wood effect on the cooker unit and i was considering trying to get it wrapped with something similar but after seeing yours that might be the way to go. Could i please have the number of the guy you used?

Thanks
Paul

Thanks for that I will give him a call when I get the bus and finish writing my to do and to get list :thanks

Anyone else done this? Be interested to see some pics.

Wonder how much the wrap will protect the original units underneath?

Assume there would be no damage when unwrapping it.

Also, I wonder with the grain on the > 2010 models if this would show up.

I've seen white cabinets on an Edition 25 California (owned by some German friends we met in France) - TBH it looked a bit "hospital."

How about a grey wrap to make the Cali even greyer... :lol:

KernowLad said:
I've seen white cabinets on an Edition 25 California (owned by some German friends we met in France) - TBH it looked a bit "hospital."

How about a grey wrap to make the Cali even greyer... :lol:
50 shades of grey would be cool :shocked

A couple of rolls of Fablon from Trago should do the trick :doh

campandfly said:
A couple of rolls of Fablon from Trago should do the trick :doh

Maybe Trago and VW should partner up? :lol:

Back