Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Wrapping or respraying T5.2 cali to bi-color - possible?

zeratul

zeratul

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 Beach 4Motion
Hi,

After years in my (dull) dark gray california beach in which I did some fantastic trips.. I consider making it bi-color like the T6 from factory.
Is this possible on a T5? (MY 2015)
As the car is 6 years old.. I don't care too much about resale or scratches anymore, and it's still used for some off-roading occasionally when camping wild, so perhaps a wrap isn't the best idea then?
Any advice?
Is this doable? Price indication?

wrapping is fine. price will be influenced by design. Search for a reputable wrapping company online and get some quotes.

Half body respray is highly doable with the added benefit of having a new looking lower half, front and rear bumpers etc.

cost wise budget £2500 - £4500 depending on the amount of prep work required and the body shop You choose. (Masking shuts, masking / removing rubbers seals etc)
Fortunately Transporter lower half are easy to prep and spray due to large flattish panels, they have a natural body line to form the masking point and the front and rear bumpers are relatively easy to remove and spray Off the vehicle.

wrapping: A reputable wrapping company will only wrap a clean straight vehicle. I.e. No paint issues / damage etc. Wrapping can be removed but it does have a shelf life which depends on what Vinyl is used.

personally on an older van I would go the paint route as it allows any issues to be corrected and should last the lifetime of the van. I would also have the bonnet sprayed at the same time which would make the van look like new.

cheaper option would be same colour half body respray + bonnet the result would be a sparkling new looking van