Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Xenon Bulb replacement

Bubba Gross

Bubba Gross

Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Hi All, one of my Xenon bulbs has failed and I want to replace it. Have anyone any tips on removing them. Do they clip in or just twist out. Cant find anything on forum or on You tube ???

Be grateful its not an LED headlamp. Wait until one of those fails and then lie down.

Just to let you know I replaced the bulbs yesterday. Actually a lot easier than I thought, and the you tube video's would suggest. No need to remove headlights, simply removed the large black cap, twist the bulb and pull out. Unplug cable from bulb, grab new one, plug cable back in, and insert bulb and twist/lock into position. I would say no more difficult than replacing a standard bulb.

Anyone with Xenon, I recommend upgrading to OSRAM XENARC NIGHT BREAKER UNLIMITED D3S HID, xenon headlight bulb. They are same wattage but much brighter. Noticeably so when driving...

Oh an I did not disconnect the battery just wore latex gloves :Nailbiting:Nailbiting:Nailbiting

Thanks for help .. :thanks

Just to let you know I replaced the bulbs yesterday. Actually a lot easier than I thought, and the you tube video's would suggest. No need to remove headlights, simply removed the large black cap, twist the bulb and pull out. Unplug cable from bulb, grab new one, plug cable back in, and insert bulb and twist/lock into position. I would say no more difficult than replacing a standard bulb.

Anyone with Xenon, I recommend upgrading to OSRAM XENARC NIGHT BREAKER UNLIMITED D3S HID, xenon headlight bulb. They are same wattage but much brighter. Noticeably so when driving...

Oh an I did not disconnect the battery just wore latex gloves :Nailbiting:Nailbiting:Nailbiting

Blimey, even brighter! I worry that I'm blinding oncoming traffic as it is!
Thanks for the info, worth knowing that it's not another dealer only task (like identifying fuses).

Would you think it a good idea to carry a spare if it's so straight forward to fit ? What do they cost ? Thanks .

Would you think it a good idea to carry a spare if it's so straight forward to fit ? What do they cost ? Thanks .

If you're planning on going abroad it's a legal requirement to carry spare bulbs in some countries so yes, get one.

If you're planning on going abroad it's a legal requirement to carry spare bulbs in some countries so yes, get one.

Briny .Until now thought it was a main dealer job to fit new Xenonbulb

It's somewhat outdated now I think as on so many vehicles nowadays it's virtually impossible to change bulbs easily but still a legal requirement. I know some Audis actually need the whole front bumper assembly to be removed. Crazy.