Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Bulb warning

paul-thompson

paul-thompson

Vehicle
T5 SE 140
Hi -

I have a T6 California. I have a Bulb alert on the front dash - does anyone know an easy way to change the front fog light bulb (the Little one that’s on as soon as the engine is on). Garage has said they would have to strip the front and pull the actual light out to replace???

thanks in advance

If its like the t5 lights then you just pullout a rubber cover on the back of the headlight unit. Find the bulb pull out replace and push back in. It's a tight fit but do able by yourself.

Hi -

I have a T6 California. I have a Bulb alert on the front dash - does anyone know an easy way to change the front fog light bulb (the Little one that’s on as soon as the engine is on). Garage has said they would have to strip the front and pull the actual light out to replace???

thanks in advance
Get a new Garage.

All the bulbs on the T5/T5.1 are replaceable from the rear of the headlight. A fiddle, especially on the drivers side RHD, but you can remove the air box to get better access.

Hi -

thanks in advance
I assume you mean the Daylight Running Light (DRL) that comes on with the ignition. The fog lights are low down in the valance, away from the headlight cluster.

Hi -

thanks in advance

As stoneybroke said, this is not the fog light but the DRL.

Passenger side is relatively easy to replace, driver side is very, very fiddly. I removed the air filter box to change mine and it was easier, but still fiddly, especially to get back in.

The bulb sits in a small holder that can be removed quite easily and on the T6 this holder can develop a bad contact with the part in the headlight. I additionally bent the contact strip a little outward to improve this.

As stoneybroke said, this is not the fog light but the DRL.

Passenger side is relatively easy to replace, driver side is very, very fiddly. I removed the air filter box to change mine and it was easier, but still fiddly, especially to get back in.

The bulb sits in a small holder that can be removed quite easily and on the T6 this holder can develop a bad contact with the part in the headlight. I additionally bent the contact strip a little outward to improve this.
Finding the hole to locate the holder is trial and error, very fiddly. Holding a torch outside can light up the hole and help to locate.
A little wipe over with silicone spray helps the bulb holder, which twists, in and, next time, out.