Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Yellow Mirrors

James

James

Top Poster
VIP Member
Yellow mirrors -----

well they are not, and neither are the door handles - anyone know why that is on the Sunny Yellow Beaches?

It does not bother me - just curious - it says in the brochure 'not compatible'

James

I think that it comes down to the Beach being built to a price, and VW also wanting it o have it's own special colour.
That means that the T5 parts bins will also not have an sunny yellow bits to add to the freshly (bespoke) painted van.

Speaking with Gary at VW Leicester, the initial thoughts about launching it in the UK was for it to follow some of the Europeam spec Beaches and have non-body coloured bumpers, again just off tye Transporter range.

Still, at least if you have a boo-boo with the wing mirrors, replacement parts might but a tough cheaper.
Luke

Luke

Very true that :)

I take what you say about the Beach - I was looking through German VW site and obviously there is a far larger range, including what appears to be a petrol TSi version - it also appears you can have the DSG - but prices become quite expensive and I am not sure there is the market in the UK (yet)

It's strange because the only Beach without colour cor ordinated mirrors and handles are those in Sunny Yellow.

I have to say we were not sure about the colour at first but it is actually very nice.

James

We went to see a yellow beach at West Yorkshire van centre. We asked there why the yellow ones didn't have painted mirrors. Apparantely, it's something to do with the paint keying to the plastic. They have an issue with some of the caddy's, where when it gets to a certain speed they whistle, but the ones not colour coded don't. Not sure how true this is, but the chap there seemed to know his stuff!

That does not sound right to me what about all the cali's with colour coded mirrors
I would have thought vw would of got the technique of painting plastic by now probable a cost cutting excersise :rofl :rofl

Calikev said:
That does not sound right to me what about all the cali's with colour coded mirrors
I would have thought vw would of got the technique of painting plastic by now probable a cost cutting excersise :rofl :rofl

You'll probably find it is something to do with the colour taking to the plastic.

My old Ford KA had plastic bumpers, when I asked about colour coded I was told that when Ford introduced colour coded bumpers to the KA they had to change the plastic as the paint did not take. If you look at KA mk1's - the colour coded bumpers are different with a swathe.

There is probably something in the paint that means it odes not take to the mirrors so well.

James

Calikev said:

RE: Whistling mirrors, it's a known problem that painting the mirrors can cause whistling. The drivers door mirror on our cali whistles like a b######! Has been fiddled with 3 times now by the dealer but the whistle continues as before......

The mirrors on the facelift cali's are a different shape to ours (and they're a matching pair) so don't know if this is still a problem on new models.

I had a new caddy loan van the other week when ours was in and can confirm that the painted driver's mirror whistled on that as well.

Oh and my mother in law has an Autosleeper Trident, her driver's mirror also whistles.

Back