Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

You only get a first impression once..

You can strap the table to the seat back, there is a picture on here somewhere, that gives you extra prep surface space and you can still open the fridge.
IMG_0161.JPG

Does the Ocean have this capability?

Ingenious stuff here. Management duly informed - (eyebrows went up together with a rising 'Hmmm' tone) - so I know it's lodged her head for when the time next comes round. Thanks again.

Ingenious stuff here. Management duly informed - (eyebrows went up together with a rising 'Hmmm' tone) - so I know it's lodged her head for when the time next comes round. Thanks again.
The strap for the table in @WelshGas photo came with the SE model so I'd imagine the Ocean will also come with one. Someone will know.

The strap for the table in @WelshGas photo came with the SE model so I'd imagine the Ocean will also come with one. Someone will know.
Yep got some of them, in the bag with the emergency roof tie down kit.

Mike

I don't think you can expect an SE 180 4-motion doing 80 to be achieving more than 29-30.
I'd have to agree. When writing my post I didn't mention that I normally drive like an old man, which in fact I am. The figures quoted were achieved whilst driving at around 60mph (whilst wearing a flat cap) and not at the speed of light.

I don't think you can expect an SE 180 4-motion doing 80 to be achieving more than 29-30.

I think that Albert must thrive on French diesel.

I mention the French connection of course because as everyone knows I would not dream of doing 80mph anywhere else :shocked

Seriously though, I average around 32mph on Autoroutes, possibly because being Autoroutes I can stick the cruise control on and virtually ignore the need to ever knock it off :)

Yep, picked that to up too!

But where do you store the tin while driving? Full of kitchen stuff and on the shelves?
We use that perforated non slip rubber matting sheet on the fridge and work top. You can buy it on as a roll from places like a Wilkinsons and B&Q. Just cut it to size and lay it on the fridge work top.The meat tin just stays on top of the fridge all of the time and amongst other things usually contains a couple of camper van cooking books and a carbon monoxide detector. Over the last year since buying our Cali, it hasn't ever moved a millimetre whilst we have been driving.

Always get a much higher mpg in France as GJ says. Their roads are so much smoother and straighter than the UK.