Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Well it’s only taken 10 years!

chockswahay

chockswahay

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Coast 150
Hi team

I joined this forum nearly 10 years ago and since then my wife and I have had 2 Panel Van Conversions, moved house 4 times, retired, bought a sailing yacht and yet …………………. We still found ourselves looking at Californias…………….. well I’m excited to say we have finally bought one!

Our first van was a 6m Globecar which was great and we travelled nearly 40000 miles all over Europe in it and spent over 600 nights away in the 3 years we had it. Then we had a break from vans for a couple of years then bought a 5.4m HymerCar (downsizing haha!) which we had for a year before selling that and buying a small sailing yacht in 2019. However the desire for more ‘road trips’ just wouldn’t go away so we have been looking for another van since then. My son (T6 Kombi owner finally convinced me that what I really wanted all this time was a California!).

Of course, during the last 10 years we have been out in the wilderness as far as VW is concerned but now that is all change!

I know it is ‘expected’ to post a photo on here when first acquiring a Cali so here ya go…….. the little yellow car is our 15 year old 107 parked next to the Cali which we picked up on Friday before driving the 360 miles back to home (I was driving the Cali so I did feel a bit sorry for my wife ).

I have found this forum very a very useful resource over the last few weeks whilst trying to narrow down our choice of van. So thanks for all your involuntary input everyone, got there at last!

Chox

A04B7B7A-038C-4E8E-A0C4-3350E8C7C7C1.jpeg

Last edited:
Oh, and just joined the club ‘proper’ :)

Last edited:
I am loving the idea of taking the wife along too. The wife's car like a bodyguard alongside for protection from neighbouring vehicles ;) Got me thinking that I should do this all the time ! :thumb:thumb

Congratulations on becoming a Cali owner.
If like me, l usually spot a typo soon as I've done a posting, you can correct it by using the edit facility.
Enjoy.

If like me, l usually spot a typo soon as I've done a posting, you can correct it by using the edit facility.
Enjoy.
Hehe, you’d spotted my typo post….. you’ll see that I’ve replaced it with ref to joining the club…….I can edit now! :)

Well done on finally getting your Cali, cracking colour scheme too

Enjoy.
hi SusiBus where's the edit facility,I'm allways messing things up?