Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Your best Cali shopping hacks

Bellcrew

Bellcrew

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
They fit perfectly. As you, I have 2, one full of "Now" items and the other "Later" items.
We use these, get the chairs out of the tailgate and face them close to each other, the boxes fit fine, decent height to get things out/sort things. Still leaves enough space at side to fit long items into the underseat side gap.

Lambeth Cali

Lambeth Cali

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 174
6CD085A3-C552-42AF-B4CD-26998962C1A1.jpeg87ED9668-88F1-4BF6-BD88-4698CF2518D6.jpeg773364FB-B69F-4AF2-AAA6-B18DEE2DC82E.jpeg
The small space on the left goes right under the bench. I slide chocks, gas cooker, front screen cover and a giant Rice Krispies in there!D9B86FEB-D891-4732-80CD-EC6DFA53BC4F.jpeg
Table cloth easy to grab for roadside picnics in France
1AF09FC6-6053-4539-95A5-DB38C2D0D0F5.jpegF82B60BA-77AA-4078-A4E1-BA58F4E290BD.jpeg

Lambeth Cali

Lambeth Cali

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 174
Great idea for a thread! Thank you

this is just what I have been looking for, thank you. would you be able to share a photo of how they fit into your van please?
They are 64litres size. Brilliant for packing. See photos.

Lambeth Cali

Lambeth Cali

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 174
Also these. My wife packs her clothes in it on the bed then I pick it up and it fits exactly in the bench drawer. (I stuff my clothes in a holdall!) I think this is the one. Perhaps check dimensions.
E02E7520-CCEA-4CA0-9217-CAFE56182422.jpeg
Of course in 2016 just as we were approaching the Chunnel, I realised I’d forgotten it. We then had to spend two hours in the H&M in the giant mall in Calais as my wife bought a new wardrobe.
We still laugh about 2016. Sort of.

Mullaghroe

Mullaghroe

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Hi all.

I wondered if everyone could please share their best Cali shopping hacks in one post. Cali shopping hacks are alternatives to the more expensive 'VW' supplier items and a way to kit out the van with a smaller budget.

*No guarantees they will fit every model - all suggested in good faith, please do your own research*

I'll start this off with three I've saved from various posts on here (thank you to the original posters):

• Downstairs bed sheet (Ocean/Coast) - Dunelm small double (25cm depth for comfort mattress). Dove grey is a good match to the seats
  • Mat for in front of rear seats - 2x Dunelm Marvel rugs (80cm x 150cm) will cover area
  • Fridge drip tray - Amazon one fits the standard fridge https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B088LNNV9X/?tag=eliteelect-21
Please share yours. Thanks
Nice one. Fridge drip tray ordered.

VWCoastbusters

VWCoastbusters

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Coast 150
*Public service announcement*

If anyone was after the Dunelm storage cube (which fits over the thetford 335 to hide it and make a seat), it's a couple of pounds off at the moment. Multiple colour options if you search.

Just to add, the idea is that you turn the storage cube upside down and sit it over the top of the thetford to hide it and make a seat. Then just pop the lid on what is actually the bottom of the storage cube. Don't try to put the thetford inside the cube!

RikFizz

RikFizz

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Coast 150

If anyone was after the Dunelm storage cube (which fits over the thetford 335 to hide it and make a seat), it's a couple of pounds off at the moment. Multiple colour options if you search.

Just to add, the idea is that you turn the storage cube upside down and sit it over the top of the thetford to hide it and make a seat. Then just pop the lid on what is actually the bottom of the storage cube. Don't try to put the thetford inside the cube!
Sorted! Thanks...

Dr-Snickers

Dr-Snickers

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 199

This works so well!

The height also means on day trips we rarely spin the drivers seat anymore, as it’s perfect for sitting at the table for lunch. We just lean the seat slightly forward to make it more comfortable, if needed.

Don’t see the 335 going back in the boot again now!

The Pox

The Pox

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Hi all.

I wondered if everyone could please share their best Cali shopping hacks in one post. Cali shopping hacks are alternatives to the more expensive 'VW' supplier items and a way to kit out the van with a smaller budget.

*No guarantees they will fit every model - all suggested in good faith, please do your own research*

I'll start this off with three I've saved from various posts on here (thank you to the original posters):

• Downstairs bed sheet (Ocean/Coast) - Dunelm small double (25cm depth for comfort mattress). Dove grey is a good match to the seats
  • Mat for in front of rear seats - Dunelm Marvel rugs -not sure on size
  • Fridge drip tray - Amazon one fits the standard fridge https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B088LNNV9X/?tag=eliteelect-21
Please share yours. Thanks
Which drip tray size do you use? Is it the 39cm x 22.5cm?

VWCoastbusters

VWCoastbusters

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Coast 150
Which drip tray size do you use? Is it the 39cm x 22.5cm?
I don't have one yet as Cali not arrived, but hopefully someone else can help? Otherwise, do a quick search in forum

Kevin Beal

Kevin Beal

Kevpb
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 199 4 motion
I use two of these side by side in the boot. They fit perfectly and work as giant drawers and slide easily on rubber floor. The one on the right I use without the lid and keep dirty things in it like wellingtons, washing up bowl and even portapotti which fits perfectly. The left one has sleeping bags etc. I also have another which on long trips I put above. Then when we arrive at campsite and put up pup tent it’s easy to transfer a lot of things in one go. I think 64L is correct size but perhaps worth checking dimensions.
I see people building slide out platforms, but this is an easy, cheap alternative.
View attachment 72460
They have these in RYMANS online currently 2 for £25 plus £3.95 postage plus £1.62 cashback through Topcashback

Last edited:
C

cathylw

Cheap fitted flannelette sheets for a 4 foot double bed, perfect for upstairs bed less than £5 each
cheap chopping board cut to make a cover for the cutlery drawer with a little notch to get it out easily
Aldi car storage boxes perfect for under the back shelf
eurohike double self inflating camping mat, makes a perfect mattress topper for downstairs bed and folds up really small

S

Santa79

VIP Member
Vehicle
Looking to buy
I’m always banging on about this also. Revolutionised our journeys, making a 2008 vehicle a 2021 dream.

Sony XAV-AX1000​

View attachment 72478
I have a question about this (if you don't mind)... do the reversing sensors still work with this aftermarket unit? I need to replace mine and have been looking at something like this.

ThomasHJ

ThomasHJ

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 140
@GrumpyGranddad Does anyone perhaps have a photo of how this looks on the bottom of the fridge? Does it completly take up the floor space of the bottom of the fridge or are there gaps on any of the sides?
tray.jpg

Dr-Snickers

Dr-Snickers

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 199
Does anyone perhaps have a photo of how this looks on the bottom of the fridge? Does it completly take up the floor space of the bottom of the fridge or are there gaps on any of the sides?
From memory there is a tiny gap with the fridge front/back and about 1cm side/side but that makes it easier to get in without having to take the basket out. I’ll try and get a photo for you.

westfalia

westfalia

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 174

VW California Club