Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Your best Cali shopping hacks

I use two of these side by side in the boot. They fit perfectly and work as giant drawers and slide easily on rubber floor. The one on the right I use without the lid and keep dirty things in it like wellingtons, washing up bowl and even portapotti which fits perfectly. The left one has sleeping bags etc. I also have another which on long trips I put above. Then when we arrive at campsite and put up pup tent it’s easy to transfer a lot of things in one go. I think 64L is correct size but perhaps worth checking dimensions.
I see people building slide out platforms, but this is an easy, cheap alternative.
View attachment 72460
Not sure if people already know this, but the under-seat trays from the Beach slot neatly on the top of this, resting on the inner lip of the box, to make sliding trays.
IMG_20210503_105522.jpg

Reposting from the bus-box shoe rack Thread. It fits in here too.
Just another version of a shoe container. it's 27cm tall, and 30cm in diameter made of sturdy PVC.
Hangs on a bungee attached to the otherwise useless handle on the pillar next to the bench. When loaded it will sit on the floor. Will need to substitute the bungee with a bit of paracord line and a carabiner so it won't detach and fly should the worse happen.
Even with the bench pulled forward it fits easily between bench and the closed sliding door. I reckon It can hold four pair of shoes and a lot of dirty/wet crocs / flipflops.
I like it because the dirt, sand and water from the shoes will stay inside it keeping the van clean. Easy to rinse/ clean afterwards.
It is meant to be a 20L bucket, so it has a double function as emergency washing bucket, bag, container...
It weights nothing compared to a shoe box, 260 gramms, and it's cheap € 6.37 from Amaz....
Please excuse the mess in the van.
20210504_165217.jpg

Reposting from the bus-box shoe rack Thread. It fits in here too.
Just another version of a shoe container. it's 27cm tall, and 30cm in diameter made of sturdy PVC.
Hangs on a bungee attached to the otherwise useless handle on the pillar next to the bench. When loaded it will sit on the floor. Will need to substitute the bungee with a bit of paracord line and a carabiner so it won't detach and fly should the worse happen.
Even with the bench pulled forward it fits easily between bench and the closed sliding door. I reckon It can hold four pair of shoes and a lot of dirty/wet crocs / flipflops.
I like it because the dirt, sand and water from the shoes will stay inside it keeping the van clean. Easy to rinse/ clean afterwards.
It is meant to be a 20L bucket, so it has a double function as emergency washing bucket, bag, container...
It weights nothing compared to a shoe box, 260 gramms, and it's cheap € 6.37 from Amaz....
Please excuse the mess in the van.
20210504_165217.jpg
Love a cheap solution! Mess, what mess? You should see mine...

They are 64litres size. Brilliant for packing. See photos.
Are these exactly 44cm wide ?
We have the iextend so the shelf is in the upper setting so have 39cm height.
Looking at the 84 litre version which is the same size just 38cm high so will, if they are 44cm wide they will just fit between the catches which are only 37cm high.
I wonder if taking the lid off will get the 1cm reduction ?
what is the height without the lid of the 64 litre ?

Back