Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Z2C….. or not?

M

MSG

Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204 4 motion
Hi all,

Totally confused as to whether spec the Z2C option on a 4 motion ocean (two tone white and bay leaf green)……..

Any help would be appreciated.

Hi all,

Totally confused as to whether spec the Z2C option on a 4 motion ocean (two tone white and bay leaf green)……..

Hi @MSG , happy to advise but need some more info... when you say you're confused, do you mean you don't know what the option is? Or whether it's worth the money? Or what people usually take? Or what you get if you don't take this?

Hi all,

I don’t think you can spec it alone. I couldn’t 11 months ago anyway. Cali Chris did a video explaining. The box ticks itself if you select the sports pack (and maybe the style pack). It upgrades the cab glass to laminated - supposedly a bit quieter/ more heat insulation. I think that’s it. Might not be worth it even if you can tick the box these days?

The Z2C seems like a waste. From my understanding your windscreen is laminated for safety in the UK. The ocean comes with privacy glass also

The Z2C seems like a waste. From my understanding your windscreen is laminated for safety in the UK. The ocean comes with privacy glass also
Yes so without knowing for sure it seems it just laminates the cab door windows

It makes the van quieter inside

For me that makes it worth it

Hi @MSG , happy to advise but need some more info... when you say you're confused, do you mean you don't know what the option is? Or whether it's worth the money? Or what people usually take? Or what you get if you don't take this?
thanks Two-saabs: basically, what do you get over and above standard ocean, and is it worth it or what do you lose from standard ocean spec if you have it?

thanks Two-saabs: basically, what do you get over and above standard ocean, and is it worth it or what do you lose from standard ocean spec if you have it?
It makes the overall van quieter, I think it's worth it, as far as I understand you don't lose anything

Reactions: MSG
It makes the overall van quieter, I think it's worth it, as far as I understand you don't lose anything
Except £732!
Im sure I wouldn’t have ticked the box if Z2C wasn’t included with the sports pack

Except £732!
Im sure I wouldn’t have ticked the box if Z2C wasn’t included with the sports pack
Yeah I was going to write that haha... Well you don't really "lose" that, more like, it's not there afterwards, but you know where it went! :)

Yeah I was going to write that haha... Well you don't really "lose" that, more like, it's not there afterwards, but you know where it went! :)
You do know that it went to VW, but I'm still not clear what you'd get for your money! 2 laminated cab windows that weren't previously? Thatd be poor value? The other things listed are already included on an Ocean?
Another example of the configurator struggling to show what youre paying for (see sports pack description etc)
https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/threads/new-‘z2c’-item-listed-on-the-vw-configurator.39161/

You do know that it went to VW, but I'm still not clear what you'd get for your money! 2 laminated cab windows that weren't previously? Thatd be poor value? The other things listed are already included on an Ocean?
Another example of the configurator struggling to show what youre paying for (see sports pack description etc)
https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/threads/new-‘z2c’-item-listed-on-the-vw-configurator.39161/
I hear ya!

My (stupid) analysis added in blue italics:

For the real answer, I'll ask my dealer over here, although things different being in the Swiss models you should get a more accurate answer in the UK. I would recommend the VW Chat, but my experience is that its useless, the only answers being "go check with your dealer" :|

--------------------------------------

Z2C​

Price incl. VAT £ 732

• Rear window (As standard you just get a wide open hole, maybe a little curtain... ?)
  • Acoustics package "Extra" (Kind of reminds me of "Chocolate IceCream Split Surprise", with the surprise being there's no chocolate, and no icecream; its just a banana)
  • Laminated glass in front, privacy glass in rear (Ok some meat on the bone, assuming "front" means front side windows, this should be the value-add. For rear, well you already had that, maybe now its "even MORE private!")
  • Laminated windshield (According to these guys, all windscreens have been laminated since 1937... so... don't know... "even MORE laminated!" ??)
--------------------------------------

Interesting payload confusion / consideration.
Vehicle and driver weight before adding Z2C - 2571KG
After adding Z2C and accepting the "Lights and vision" prerequisite as a result 2567KG

Where did the 4KG go?

Interesting payload confusion / consideration.
Vehicle and driver weight before adding Z2C - 2571KG
After adding Z2C and accepting the "Lights and vision" prerequisite as a result 2567KG

Where did the 4KG go?
Lol, interesting finding!

Back