Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Laminated Glass Package in Cab for T6 California

For anyone who has or is getting an Ocean with laminated glass pack Z2C, here is ours before and after adding 20%VLT film internally to the rear windows. Now exactly what we wanted :thumbView attachment 15002 View attachment 15003
View attachment 15006

Hi there,
Looks great, Is the bottom photo from inside your van with the 20% tint ?

We got the privacy glass as an option with our Beach, but I don't think it's dark enough.

If you don't mind me asking was it expensive..

Hi there,
Looks great, Is the bottom photo from inside your van with the 20% tint ?

We got the privacy glass as an option with our Beach, but I don't think it's dark enough.

If you don't mind me asking was it expensive..
Hi - yes it's inside looking out of windows with 20% VLT film added to the privacy glass that came with the laminated glass pack. I think the cost is typically around £200-£250 (lots of tinting companies around). I got a discount through the dealer who has an arrangement with a local firm. Hope this is some help.

Hi - yes it's inside looking out of windows with 20% VLT film added to the privacy glass that came with the laminated glass pack. I think the cost is typically around £200-£250 (lots of tinting companies around). I got a discount through the dealer who has an arrangement with a local firm. Hope this is some help.

Thanks, that is a help,
I've just had a quote of £500 to do our van including the B pillar and some VWCC decals.

Thanks, that is a help,
I've just had a quote of £500 to do our van including the B pillar and some VWCC decals.
Richy, sure you've considered it but there may be a slight difference as correct me if I'm wrong but you have the privacy glass and example done with 20% VLT by Skinner D is on the laminate back. No doubt you can tweek it if required with company you use but just to make sure you were aware.
I've gone for laminate so await arrival with interest. Might also do the additional tint.

Mike

Richy, sure you've considered it but there may be a slight difference as correct me if I'm wrong but you have the privacy glass and example done with 20% VLT by Skinner D is on the laminate back. No doubt you can tweek it if required with company you use but just to make sure you were aware.
I've gone for laminate so await arrival with interest. Might also do the additional tint.

Mike

Sorry Mike, I'm not up speed on the difference between privacy glass and laminate back.
My understanding is that the VW privacy glass option we have is a tinted glass not a coloured film. So there wouldn't be an issue making them darker.

Is there a difference with the laminate back ?

Cheers Richy

Sorry Mike, I'm not up speed on the difference between privacy glass and laminate back.
My understanding is that the VW privacy glass option we have is a tinted glass not a coloured film. So there wouldn't be an issue making them darker.

Is there a difference with the laminate back ?

Cheers Richy
Bearing in mind I haven't got mine yet so I'm going from a document published on here and on pictures I've seen. There is no difference that would make it a problem to apply only that there are different grades of tint depending on whether you pick the laminate option or the privacy glass. I went for the laminate which I believe gives better sound proofing but shade wise appears lighter, certainly noticeably on the front drivers and passenger windows. The specs get ridiculously complicated. The only issue is that if you have the privacy glass it is probably darker than the laminate to start with.
By means someone correct me if I'm wrong, it's what I'm expecting.

Mike

Thanks Mike,
I was looking to get a Limo tint but I'll probably get the same tint level without going as dark as Limo.
If that makes sense :confused:

Appreciated

Wow man you've just blew my mind lol
Yep. I did say it was complicated.

It really only has much relevance when your picking your options. In your case you just need to be aware when picking your tint just in case you are applying it to a different glass.

Makes waiting even more exciting, who knows what will turn up

Mike

Yep. I did say it was complicated.

It really only has much relevance when your picking your options. In your case you just need to be aware when picking your tint just in case you are applying it to a different glass.

Makes waiting even more exciting, who knows what will turn up

Mike

These Cali's are the most complicated beasts I've ever come across lol

For anyone who has or is getting an Ocean with laminated glass pack Z2C, here is ours before and after adding 20%VLT film internally to the rear windows. Now exactly what we wanted :thumbView attachment 15002 View attachment 15003
View attachment 15006
I am looking to order Z2C laminate pack with my ocean. Just wondering if the tailgate window is double glazed with the Z2C pack?
Did you order the heated tailgate window with wash wipe, is this double glazed and is it privacy glass?
Im looking to add an aftermarket tint 20% like you did and like the results you had. Just wondering if you had any advice on the rear window or any pics.
TIA

Back