Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Zonesleep topper

P

Peter bowler

Hi my name is Peter and my wife Ann we are new to the joy's of the vw California after
Selling our large motorhome. I thought I would tell you of our experience with the zonesleep topper. We were a bit apprehensive to start with being £225 but after reading on their website that if we didn't like it we could have our money back we thought we would give it a try.
It arrived well packaged in a large box 2 days after ordering the first thing that struck me was how light it was also the unusual material it is made of. Like fibres sandwiched between layers of fabric . It was the single layer one for the upstairs bed I move about too much in the night so I sleep upstairs Ann downstairs. Well I slept up there at the weekend and ended up oversleeping
It was fantastic. I did joke with Ann to say next time we have an argument I'm sleeping in the Cali.
And finally and best for me is I leaving it in the roof when it's closed. All I need to do now is save up for Ann's downstairs topper. I have included some picture's.I will not be sending mine back that's for sure.

No problem stu. I am having a little difficulty putting pictures on I will keep trying

photo.JPG photo2.JPG photo3.JPG photo4.JPG photo5.JPG photo6.JPG photo7.JPG

Hi peter, a bit hard to tell from the pics, but am i right in thinking that there is no side insulation against the canvas walls ? I think the roof on the Cali is already insulated ?
I can't see that it would make a lot of differnce. How does it work ?
and is it velcroed to the roof. (wouldn't want it to fall down on me in the night and suffocate me) :shocked

viking said:
How does it work ?
and is it velcroed to the roof. (wouldn't want it to fall down on me in the night and suffocate me) :shocked

I think the pictures are upside down :laugh2

No no Eric. It's a mattress topper for the roof bed. Not insulation it just sits on top of the other mattress. Picture 4 + 5. Are pictures with the roof half closed to demonstrate what it looks like as you close the roof. The last two pictures are Ann's hand showing the gap still left with the roof down. Hope this clears it up
Peter b

Thanks Peter , now I see. I knew some of the pics. were upside down, now I know they all are. :?
It's a mattress topper ! :doh :cool
Cheers Eric

Stu said:
viking said:
How does it work ?

I think the pictures are upside down :laugh2

Stu, I fink you're 'aving a larf

I've seen these. Just a large blob of anti-gravity does the trick.

Quick question : what's the size of the zonesleep topper ? On the website they say 115cm (so would be 5cm shorter than the top mattress !?)

The 115cm dimension is the width, I think (ours came even a little narrower than that) which is just a bit narrower than the supplied Cali mattress but is fine as it is marginally clear of the walls. It has corner bands which go under the Cali mattress and hold it in place.

thanks for the answer. Too bad that for such a price, it's not perfectly fitted to the California...

I would suggest that as they market a product for the California then it should be the correct size so if the general consensus among owners is that it's not quite right it would be worth letting them know.

The zonesleep mattress was designed not to go right to the edge. The fitted Cali roof mattress
Sits low with the metal edge of the roof. If the zonesleep topper was as wide it would touch the canvas it is only about an inch each side. :thumb

I think it is right Stu. The bed is 115cm wide and the topper supplied measures 113cm. I think the 1 cm on each side seems like a prudent allowance for clearance on the sides of the roof - particularly as the topper can be left in the roof when it is down. We certainly don't intend sending it back under the "satisfaction guarantee" - we think its great.

Phil

I wasn't saying it was wrong, I don't have one, simply that if people were not buying them because they thought they were wrong then perhaps it should be mentioned. If all is OK then no problems. :thumb

How do these store away? Roll up? Do they take up much space when not in use?

I'm dithering again (need a lower bed topper for our big trip in June!).

Just spoken to Tim and think we will go for one of these. I'll order tomorrow.

Can anyone explain what the zonesleep toper actually is and why is should be considered vs. a memoryfoam topper?

I'm confused.... As my first read of the technology and rationale on the zonesleep website seems to be vague and somewhat akin to selling snake oil.

Hopefully I'm missing the point, so would welcome anyone who can explain what benefits there are from this topper which is basically a few layers of mesh fabrics.

Hi the difference between the zonesleep and memory foam is this.
Memory foam tends to make you sweat more
The zonesleep topper has air holes in the fabric and 2 layers of plastic fibres this allows it to be more lightweight and also breathable it is also washable and more hygienic.

Hi Kev, Tim mentioned you have one. Do you like it? Is it easy to store away? It's a choice between this or the Brandrup.

Matt I have the upstairs topper but I use it downstairs and find it great it is only the single layer
And I leave it up the top when I'm not using it. So can't comment on the downstairs double thickness. I find it excellent to sleep on I have 2 duvalays gathering dust in the cupboard because I prefer the feel of this one. It keeps you cool and it can be washed I'm not a great lover of memory foam the smell puts me off :thumb

Cheers Kev. This sounds better overall but I'm still slightly worried about storage. The Brandrup does fold away neatly. I don't want a massive bundle rolled up in the back! The guy was helpful but still no real storage "solution" was offered.