Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Upstairs Mattress Topper

Nottledim

Nottledim

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
We have bought a Zonesleep topper for the upstairs bed hoping to be able to leave it in place with the roof closed.
Just tried it and the rear of the roof does not close properly. Leaves about a 10mm gap between the seal and the body work.
Do I have an extra slim Cali? Or am I doing something wrong. :?

I think there are two thickness of topper and I think you need the thinner one to leave it up there.

I ordered the Vw Cali specific one but maybe I have been sent the wrong one. I will speak to Zone sleep in the morning.
:thanks

Actually, ignore that I misread it -

Depth: 1" or 2.5cm

Have you checked to make sure it sits in the correct place in the roof and not on any of the edges?

Yes though it is rectangular and covers the metal triangular areas at the foot end. It seems to be exactly the right shape.

It is the depth mentioned

Puzzling

:sad

I have also just bought one of these, I'll be putting in later so will see if there any problems.

Hi guys I have spoken to cali kev today about the upstairs topper and I have arranged a meeting with him. We realise that the upstairs topper should be the same shape as the mattress that is already there so if you guys would like to give me a call I will arrange for them to be altered.
Sorry about the teething problems
Tim stokes. Zonesleep.

After speaking to tim and reading this topic I noticed my roof also is a little raised at the back
Even though the control panel is telling me its closed. I have decided to store mine on the parcel shelf instead. tim is going to supply straps to fit round the folded topper so it packs up small.

I think that is the right solution. It does change the marketing but the comfort remains. Ours too will live on the parcel shelf when we are in roof down mode.

:thumb

I totally agree with you. I think it could still benefit from having the corners cut and a strap
To keep it snug on the parcel shelf. It is very lightweight so easy to remove. I hope to have some pictures later in the week :thumb

It would be a pity if they couldn't be made suitable to be left in the roof as this could be a key selling/buying advantage over other similar items.

I agree. That is why we decided to buy one, but there are now a few examples that confirm it does not currently fit in the space under a closed roof. We will keep ours to benefit from the comfort it offers.

Waiting for pics of the downstairs topper in storage mode - fairly key to our buying decision! Apparently I'll get some on Wednesday which is handy.

If it can be stored neatly and not too obtrusively, we'll get one.

Yes I should be able to get some pic's I am going to suggest two straps and a nice little bag to
Keep it all neat :thumb

Well that's a shame- we were going to get one of those on the strength of it staying in situ upstairs :-(
Maybe we can have a look at one at cotf?

I will have one of each to display at cotf Linda you are welcome to try them out :laugh2 :laugh2

The storage thing was always a bonus for us - the main thing is that it transforms the roof bed.

Hi
To continue the thread .I have bought a Cali specific topper (corner cut outs) Zonesleep state that it should not be left in the roof (pain) has anyone attempted ?

Cheers

Back