Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Zonesleep topper

BillyBain said:
I assume this is too thick to be stored in the roof (when closed) whilst not in use downstairs..??
Yes it is to thick to be left upstairs. It does fold in half and when fitted in the new bag
Only takes up a small space on the parcel shelf

talking about fitting it upstairs : it semms the problem is with the rear part of the roof that could not close completely. Has anyone tried to flod it in 2 and put the "half" only in the front part of the roof ? Maybe there is more room in this part thanin the rear ?

Right to clarify this once and for all
When the upstairs topper is left in place the roof will close to the point of showing on the display
But on further inspection the back of the roof is raised about 5 mm it is not to do with the cut out
As it was tried with the topper pulled half way up the bed with the end protruding the flap.
That is the main reason zonesleep removed the quote from their website. That being said it is still a great product and folds up very small for transporting. I hope that clarifies it.

On handover, the VW chap was very clear that nothing more than a sheet should be left upstairs.

Hiya,

I'm looking at mattress topper options, and wonder what the difference is between the upstairs and downstairs mattress topper, apart from thickness. Are the dimensions the same otherwise? Apologies if this is a really daft question, but I wonder if we can just get one topper to use either upstairs or downstairs.

Thank you kindly

Hi the upstairs bed is slightly wider. If you buy a downstairs topper then I suppose it could be used
Upstairs leaving a small gap at the edges. I don't know the difference but it isn't much :thumb

Pipster; I think they cut to order if needed.

Just ordered my Zonesleep bag; Tim called me to let me know one was ready, text and email letting me know it was dispatched soon afterwards. Much better!

Ordered the lower Zonesleep topper yesterday on the basis that it will fit upstairs too, and as neither of us are lightweights (especially me at over 20 stone) we wanted the thicker version. Will be picking it up this evening as they are close to us and we really wanted to try it out over this weekend. Found Tim to be very helpful. Will report back on Monday.

Ok
Decided i need one of these asap.

What thickness is recomended for downstairs...???

I think they only do two upstairs or downstairs. Downstairs is thicker :thumb

:cool
Soulstyle said:
Ok
Decided i need one of these asap.

What thickness is recomended for downstairs...???

I think they started thinner then went for a thicker version after feedback. My photos will hopefully give some idea. It's an awesome product!

... my brain wonders... How come the super king size (180x195cm) is the same price as the upstairs one for our californias (115x195cm) !? One would expect the price to be... let's guess... 36% less !
Or closer to the 135x195 (ÂŁ179.99).

When it comes to selling "accessories" to California owners, there seem to be a marketing thing happening (i.e. "the owners of such an expensive vehicule can obviously afford to pay more than they should"...)

This is because the Cali ones are totally custom made and the standard bed sized ones are an off the shelf product that are made in a factory.

Well, our brand new Zonesleep lower topper has had a 3 night trial - first night on our mattress at home, second night upstairs in the Cali and the third night downstairs.

Definitely WAY better than our existing memory foam topper, even though it's less than half the thickness. On memory foam I find myself having to roll from one side to on my back to the other side periodically during a night to get comfortable. With the Zonesleep I don't recall waking up once and having to roll over during the whole weekend. Maybe I did, but I didn't wake up! It was perfect in the upper bunk. Downstairs, despite knowing they were there, I couldn't feel the join or seatbelt well in the vehicle rear bench seating at all.

So - it works, does everything claimed and is definitely recommended. The best 2 nights' sleep I have had in the Cali so far.

Oh, decided to keep to 65mph on the way back from Yorkshire to Bedford yesterday morning and averaged 39mpg, which can't be bad for a 7 year old 174 4motion.

Happy days - and nights!

Martin said:
This is because the Cali ones are totally custom made and the standard bed sized ones are an off the shelf product that are made in a factory.

well, well... "custom made" is a bit pushing it. It's just cut a little bit shorter in width (too short by the way as the upstairs mattress is 120cm and not 115cm). We definitely a nice premium for this "custom made" accessories (and I'm the one to talk, having bought a lot of Brandrup things for a crazy price).

frigorifix said:
Martin said:

well, well... "custom made" is a bit pushing it. It's just cut a little bit shorter in width (too short by the way as the upstairs mattress is 120cm and not 115cm). We definitely a nice premium for this "custom made" accessories (and I'm the one to talk, having bought a lot of Brandrup things for a crazy price).

It's a fair point but we are happy with it (still a fair bit cheaper than the Brandrup topper). Our bag arrives shortly; slightly weird courier delay but it should be useful.

Most Brandrup kit is comically expensive but they clearly sell plenty so I guess "we" are seen as prine targets for a little price massaging.

Bag has arrived; the same as in Kevs pic. Looks very well made; took a few goes to fold it into the right shape but all good now.

Well finally ordered one today.
3 layer to cover my 3 seater Beach seat/bed, first one they will make of this type.

Fingers crossed its upto the job, others there wont be much sleeping in Switzerland in a couple of weeks

:doh

Tempted. But. My girlfriend sleeps on her side. Can people still recommend the lower bed sleepzone mattress topper? We have memory foam, but girlfriend says its still uncomfortable. Help!!

I weigh over 20 stone and sleep on my side, too. The 'lower' type Zonesleep mattress proved very comfortable on our first use in both lower and upper beds. All we need to do now is sell the memory foam mattress topper which the Mrs. finds hot and uncomfortable. I'm OK with it but it's way less comfortable than the Zonesleep. Also, someone here mentioned a new 3-layer Zonesleep that isn't listed yet afaik. If anyone wants the memory foam mattress, let me know.

Just received delivery of one of these for our upper bed.

Ordered Saturday, arrived Tuesday. Fast efficient service.

Won't get to try it out for a week or two but we'll feedback our experiences once we've tested it out.

Over two weeks of sleeping on ours and its great. A major plus is how easily it folds away. You can also fit extra sheets in the bag. Ideal!