Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

£5k deposit, discount, and things dealers can do

I paid £1000 in April - this was via Drive the Deal - they pass that on to the Dealer, so you then pay £1,000 less than the final price to the dealer / VWFS

I paid £1000 in April - this was via Drive the Deal - they pass that on to the Dealer, so you then pay £1,000 less than the final price to the dealer / VWFS
Thank you

£5k is far too much to secure your place in the queue…especially in current financial climate.

To revive an old thread. What deposits are dealers asking for at present, please? Just been asked for £5000. Other dealers are asking £500. Thanks
All I know upon 3 vans is £500

5k deposit in March for Grand California from Breeze. Had to be paid by bank transfer.

Thanks for all of the replies. Very helpful, as ever.

Curious as to why they insist on bank transfer. Always paid deposit on credit card for the extra protection.

Curious as to why they insist on bank transfer. Always paid deposit on credit card for the extra protection.
Puts the dealer in better position.

Bank transfer can’t be refunded, hence all the warning messages whenever you transfer cash; it’s more straightforward to launch a dispute with credit card, if you felt that you were mislead after paying.

Puts the dealer in better position.

Bank transfer can’t be refunded, hence all the warning messages whenever you transfer cash; it’s more straightforward to launch a dispute with credit card, if you felt that you were mislead after paying.
Yes, I am a bit wary of this approach. Credit card protects if the dealer goes bust.

I’d have preferred CC but wasn’t an option.

Our dealer (JCB Eurovans) sent a web link for deposit and the lump sum we paid. On both we could choose. For former we used credit card (for protection) for the latter, as the van was there anyway, used transfer. In my experience dealers don't really care, as long as they get paid.

Our dealer (JCB Eurovans) sent a web link for deposit and the lump sum we paid. On both we could choose. For former we used credit card (for protection) for the latter, as the van was there anyway, used transfer. In my experience dealers don't really care, as long as they get paid.
Thanks. How were dealings with Eurovans, please? Via Drive the Deal?

I’d have preferred CC but wasn’t an option.
Retailers pay the credit card companies a %fee that varies based on the card. It's how Visa etc. pays for the systems. Also explains the small cashback % some cards give the consumer. Web suggests retailers pay between 1 and 3.5%. For a high Street shop it means they don't have the hassle of managing large volumes of cash. For a car dealer it means they lose a significant chunk of their margin.

Back