Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

10Km too far for Nobby!

pabloalfa76

pabloalfa76

Vehicle
Looking to buy
Hi All,
Just back from a 10day family holiday in Brittany. Nobby decided to split his fuel-pump shaft-seal, 10km short of the campsite! ( le letty, we landed at Dieppe)
So we spent the first 4days living inside an awning and sleeping on the floor. Surviving on bread, cheese and pizza.
I must take more tools next time, as it was frustrating having to wait for a garage to fix it and just a bit over priced.
The children had a great time, but myself and Ash now need a rest. Back to work tommorrow.
france014_zps7e743265.jpgNobby having a rest.
france056_zps8618151b.jpg 1 £3.50 part and a 500 euro bill. To top it all the engine timing is now so far out, it,s knocking badly, gutless to drive and I'm having to start it from cold with easy start.

Attachments

• france014_zps7e743265.jpg
    france014_zps7e743265.jpg
    221.7 KB · Views: 0
  • france056_zps8618151b.jpg
    france056_zps8618151b.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 0
Re: 10Km to far for Nobby!

Sorry to hear your holiday was ruined I hope you get nobby timed correctly and back on the road :thumb

Arrggghh that was a wound in several ways! Never good to see your bus on a transporter! :sad

S.

Hi All,

It's one thing after another.
I've just removed the fuel pump and sent it away to be modified and checked over( this was a job planed for the winter), but seeing as things have changed I might as well get it done now?
I removed glow-plugs to check them ( as will not start when cold, since the trip to France). As you can see from the picture, there's no need to test them.van035_zpsc4669ff5.jpg
I will let you know how it goes, when I get the pump back!

Attachments

• van035_zpsc4669ff5.jpg
    van035_zpsc4669ff5.jpg
    187.4 KB · Views: 0
Poor Nobby!

Hope you're back on the road soon. At least you'll be able to enjoy winter camping now :D

dan

Back