12v plug is for?

• Thread starter Carryon Cali Camping
  • Start date
Carryon Cali Camping

Carryon Cali Camping

VIP Member
Vehicle
Grand California 680
I have a 12V plug, plugged in to the 12V socket in the rear garage by the rear door, the wires then go up behind the rear pillar. Does anybody know what it could be for? I thought it may have powered the sat dish, but that still operated when I unplugged it!

I have a 12V plug, plugged in to the 12V socket in the rear garage by the rear door, the wires then go up behind the rear pillar. Does anybody know what it could be for? I thought it may have powered the sat dish, but that still operated when I unplugged it!
Clearly it’s not standard, so what else do you have? Any rear camera or similar?
Do you have any additional equipment in the corner cupboards like a router perhaps?
Really have no idea, suggest you have a good root around in the upper cupboards and see if there is anything.

Clearly it’s not standard, so what else do you have? Any rear camera or similar?
Do you have any additional equipment in the corner cupboards like a router perhaps?
Really have no idea, suggest you have a good root around in the upper cupboards and see if there is anything.
No router, I have the standard rear camera above the doors. Roof mounted AC but obviously that’s powered when on EHU. It’s puzzling!

Solved! I have a 12v socket near the kitchen unit and close to the bed. I thought I’d seen that that was standard somewhere! I have just tested and the plug in the rear is what is powering it.

Solved! I have a 12v socket near the kitchen unit and close to the bed. I thought I’d seen that that was standard somewhere! I have just tested and the plug in the rear is what is powering it.
Well done. That’s not standard!