Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

12V sockets in accomodation area

GrannyJen

GrannyJen

Super Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
Cali now sold
Assuming I can count, which is often only a distant possibility, there is one 12V socket in the drivers bit and three 12V sockets in the living area.

Given that Albert is going to be my mobile writing studio I have a profusion of accessories to charge, I Pad, Laptop. phones, GPS Watches, etc. Can these be recharged on the move, i.e. do the 12V sockets in the rear charge whilst the vehicle is being driven?

It has probably been asked bfore, I did a search, and I know for you tech people it is a silly question but important for me :D

Yes the 12v sockets in the back run off the leisure batteries that are charged with the engine running :thumb

Oh thank you :D

I can order more accessories for Albert now, half the worlds supply of 12v in-car chargers.

Don't forget the 2 pin inverter socket as well.
A converter (2 pin to normal 3 pin UK) will allow you to use the ordinary chargers for mobiles, laptops etc. Works fine for us.
I think Kev sells them if you can't find one locally.

Oh, thank you, is that like a euro-plug to UK three pin?

Goodness, Albert is going to glow blue as he takes me in regal elegance down the A30 recharging half the national grid's worth of accessories :D

Back