Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

150 DSG or 204DSG

Thanks to everyone for your time and advise on this one.

FYI

I have a 204 dsg.
I really dont think it is neceasry. A 150 would be fine. Ours is a beach for family daily use, with ocassional camping ....

I own a 204 and had a 150 loaner for over a week last year and I have to say if I was buying again it would be a 150 as it had plenty of power for my needs and the fuel economy was actually quite noticeable.

Power is not really the issue, it's the weight slowing down and going round corners.
Faster to get up to speed just means more dealing with the speed at some point and less economy. So regardless of power, you end up driving in a style that suits the vehicle's considerable weight rather than darting from roundabout to roundabout.

You only Live Once.

If you can ignore you're Head then go with you're Heart.

Solve all your problems and get a 180 dsg t5.1 ..... bang in the middle

FYI

I have a 204 dsg.
I really dont think it is neceasry. A 150 would be fine. Ours is a beach for family daily use, with ocassional camping ....
Same.
204 Not really necessary.

We have the 150 HP, manual version. I can't compare it to the 204 HP, but we are very happy with this engine.

What I would change is to all wheel drive. Today parked on the grass / verge beside a road. Just a bit of wet gras nothing terrible, but we almost got stuck. I still can't believe it. o_O

Eberhard

We have the 150 HP, manual version. I can't compare it to the 204 HP, but we are very happy with this engine.

What I would change is to all wheel drive. Today parked on the grass / verge beside a road. Just a bit of wet gras nothing terrible, but we almost got stuck. I still can't believe it. o_O

Eberhard
A change of tyres to all season would make a vast difference. Much better grip than summer tyres.

Yes, I thought about this too. The tyres are still new, so it would be a waste to replace them. But surely if they are due for replacement I will think very hard with what to replace them with.

Eberhard

Solve all your problems and get a 180 dsg t5.1 ..... bang in the middle
If you look at the performance figures , the new 150 is extremely close to the old 180 & none of those owners were complaining.....

Back