150W inverter question

Elly Swanson

Elly Swanson

Top Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Last year John Guppy wrote
The socket is rated at Max 150w but remember that is the max output in most cases if you plug in an item rated at 1500w the start up current could be 2000w and could blow the fuse.”
So, if I get a heated throw/blanket (150w) am I in danger of blowing the fuse?
  • Would I have to try it to find out?
  • Is it a case it would blow the fuse and do no other damage.
  • If so, does the fuse just “trip” or does it have to be replaced?
  • If replaced is it an easy, inexpensive job?
OR
  • shouldn’t I bother trying it at all?
As you can tell, i’m not electrically minded

Just the first of my questions now our Cali ocean has been ordered and I have nothing to do but wait (well, I actually have a lot I could be doing, but planning for the Cali is a good distraction).

A 150w electric blanket should work but maybe not for that long if it blows the fuse it will cost you about 20p for a replacement

Last year John Guppy wrote
The socket is rated at Max 150w but remember that is the max output in most cases if you plug in an item rated at 1500w the start up current could be 2000w and could blow the fuse.”
So, if I get a heated throw/blanket (150w) am I in danger of blowing the fuse?
  • Would I have to try it to find out?
  • Is it a case it would blow the fuse and do no other damage.
  • If so, does the fuse just “trip” or does it have to be replaced?
  • If replaced is it an easy, inexpensive job?
OR
  • shouldn’t I bother trying it at all?
As you can tell, i’m not electrically minded

Just the first of my questions now our Cali ocean has been ordered and I have nothing to do but wait (well, I actually have a lot I could be doing, but planning for the Cali is a good distraction).

Sorry guys, didn’t correct John’s quote. It should say;
The socket is rated at Max 150w but remember that is the max output in most cases if you plug in an item rated at 150w the start up current could be 200w and could blow the fuse.”

A 150w electric blanket should work but maybe not for that long if it blows the fuse it will cost you about 20p for a replacement
Cheers Vale46. Is it an easy job? Would you bother trying it at all?

From my experience it doesn’t blow a fuse when you exceed the load. It just cuts out then after a short time resets once load again <150w.

Personally I would not bother with the ocean you have a perfectly good night heater
Looking forward to using the heater to extend our campervanning season to the whole year. Thanks for your suggestions.

From my experience it doesn’t blow a fuse when you exceed the load. It just cuts out then after a short time resets once load again <150w.
Thanks, Skewif. That’s handy to know. I probably won’t bother with the blanket though. We do a lot outside and I don’t want to go all “nesh”

Thanks to admin for moving my message. Will look out for subforums in the future.

The Euroconnector from the 150W converter on my (2108 Ocean) will trip out for 10 seconds if there is an overload the read LED flashes. You then need to remove the plug before it resets fully (green LED).

The Euroconnector from the 150W converter on my (2108 Ocean) will trip out for 10 seconds if there is an overload the read LED flashes. You then need to remove the plug before it resets fully (green LED).
Cheers for the info, Chris.