Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

17" chassis with 17" brake system

Spotlight Kid

Spotlight Kid

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
Does anyone know what this option is? It's priced at £120 so is obviously not huge but nobody at the VW dealership had any idea at all what it was. They are going to call VW tomorrow to find out but I wondered if anyone here knew about it and whether it is worth having.

The T5.1 180 and now T6 204 BHP vans have upgraded disc brakes on the front which require a 17" wheel designed to clear the bigger discs. Perhaps this is an option now available to the other lower BHP models?

Alan

That would make sense though it would be good if the brochure was clear about this. If that's what is being offered then I certainly don't need it as I've ordered a 204.

That would make sense though it would be good if the brochure was clear about this. If that's what is being offered then I certainly don't need it as I've ordered a 204.
I've ordered a 204 DSG. This option was not available on my spec so I'm pretty sure Alan is correct.

Sounding very likely then. I'll let you know what the dealer says when they talk to VW.

Thanks for the info guys!

The dealer sales teams seem to be as confused about the options we are.

Alan

The T5.1 180 and now T6 204 BHP vans have upgraded disc brakes on the front which require a 17" wheel designed to clear the bigger discs. Perhaps this is an option now available to the other lower BHP models?

Alan

My new T6 Ocean 150 4Motion Manual came with 215/60 R17 C tyres on 17" Davenport Alloys. (This was as I hoped and expected, although the VW published specs still say 215/65 Tyres – they know nothing!)

Anyway the point is that the front discs on mine are definitely larger than the rear ones. I suspect therefore that it has come with 17" discs on the front and 16" on the rear. (That will mean that I shall not be able to get a set of 16" wheels for winter tyres as I might otherwise do.)

Good wishes, WolfPack

My new T6 Ocean 150 4Motion Manual came with 215/60 R17 C tyres on 17" Davenport Alloys. (This was as I hoped and expected, although the VW published specs still say 215/65 Tyres – they know nothing!)

Anyway the point is that the front discs on mine are definitely larger than the rear ones. I suspect therefore that it has come with 17" discs on the front and 16" on the rear. (That will mean that I shall not be able to get a set of 16" wheels for winter tyres as I might otherwise do.)

Good wishes, WolfPack

There are VW 17" steel wheels which have triangular vent holes. These will fit your van and winter tyres are also available in this size.

Alan

So it turns out that the option is irrelevant for my choice of a 204 as it already has the 17" chassis with 17" brake system

Back