Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

180 bhp blue motion 2015 mph

Westous

Westous

beetroot
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
I am looking at buying a 2015 Cali 180 blue motion. But I'm scared about the lack of mpg. Is this the same for all the Cali engines. ie is there very little difference.

I wasn't expecting great mpg, but is the 180 terribly worse than the others?

My 140 over 2 years and 23000 miles has averaged just over 38mpg being used for holidays and going to work which I think is good for a 3 ton van shaped like a brick.
Others will be able to give you real world 180 mpg figures.

ok thank you. I'm 99.9% sure. just trying to over come that little bit of concern.

my 180 is the less economical 4motion and my average is around 32-34mpg.

Currently in France and the last 1,100 miles since leaving home has been 33.8 mpg.

My average speed on Autoroutes is about 120kph.

Mines also a 180 4-Motion. I use it as a daily driver, and when I say I use it I mean I am rarely in the inside lane on the motorway. Over 32,000 miles I average 31-32 on long trips and 28.5 - 30 around South Wales which is not renowned for it's flatness.
Apart from the Water tank the Cali is kept loaded for my adventures. Oh, I also run 4 Season tyres which can impact on mpg because of the compound used in their manufacture.

I thought initially this Thread was in answer to the one about the California top speed?:bananadance

thank you. I guess as you have a 4 motion, mine being only 2 wheel drive is likely not to be any worse and may be 1 mpg better ... wow

thank you. I guess as you have a 4 motion, mine being only 2 wheel drive is likely not to be any worse and may be 1 mpg better ... wow

I think that the informed estimate is 2mpg and as with WG I have 4 season tyres fitted that also erode mpg.

all said and done, do you really love it.

I thought initially this Thread was in answer to the one about the California top speed?:bananadance
I think it was written in by mistake to be mph and should have been mpg. oops

all said and done, do you really love it.

I bought it as a machine to fulfil a purpose.

I never really expected it to become the most important member of the family ;)

I can't look at Albert without an overwhelming desire to be of somewhere.

Albert is a loyal, reliable and highly efficient German consort, as was the Prince Consort that he is named after!

Back