1st Week of ownership.

WelshGas

WelshGas

Retired after 42 yrs and enjoying Life.
Super Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
Well I've had "The Van", that's what the family have decided it will be called, for 10 days and I've covered 986 miles already, filled it up twice, and thoroughly enjoyed every minute of it. It is now fully kitted out apart from our clothes. The WiFi system works really well and the Satnav programmed with all the addresses we need for the next few months. I've installed Archie's Camping POI Camping guide to Europe , All 30 ,000 + campsites.
After a quick trip to Manchester from Cardiff today it definitely needs a clean. I was really surprised how well it responded to the side winds on the M5/M6 today, so stable at 70. Unlike the Land Rover Defender I used to have and a lot more economical.
Thanks to SMG and one of the posts on the Forum I was able to fix the -what I thought was a rattle on the drivers partly open window by retightening the sun awning.
We're going to be camping in it over Christmas on my daughters small holding, as a gentle introduction and then travel from Norfolk to Mawgan Porth in Cornwall for New Year, but staying in a 5* hotel.
Roll on 2015. :bananadance

Sounds good.

Scarlet Hotel? Not officially five stars but very nice indeed. No kids though - go to the Bedruthan Steps for that.

Yes, The Scarlet. They don't subscribe to the Rating system, but compared to the likes of the Mayfair or Hilton in London - no comparison. Far better, for us anyway.
When we had the 5 children holidaying with us The Watergate Bay was top of the list. Very good family holidays and the children still speak of it and have stayed there with their families.
well I'm off to wash the Van between the showers to at least get the motorway grime off.

I've only eaten there but even that was amazing.
The Bed Steps is hugely improved but it's hard to beat the Watergate Bay hotel for families. Good choices!
Check the car park next to the shops when you're down; another mate runs the Laid Back Coffee company; superb coffees served from the back of a converted Morris Minor van.

Mad weather down here with HUGE seas.

Back