Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

OMG it’s three years already!

racali

racali

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
So after 20k of trouble free free-wheeling (love that coast) at home and abroad, the van is about to reach that magic age when significant decisions/payments have to be made. My essential renewals are the insurance, Tracker and road tax, and for the first time a MOT. My warranty and roadside assistance also run out. Not too sure about a habitation check.

Currently my insurance is with Lifesure/AXA at £460 for good conditions, the worst being parking in a London street. I may shop round but at previous renewals there wasn’t a lot in it.

The £155 to extend the VW roadside assist for another two years is a no brainier, but when I checked about extending the warranty VW said “Sorry, we do not offer Extended Warranty cover on this vehicle” - thanks a bunch VW for that vote of no confidence your product.

Looking forward to the next three ....

So after 20k of trouble free free-wheeling (love that coast) at home and abroad, the van is about to reach that magic age when significant decisions/payments have to be made. My essential renewals are the insurance, Tracker and road tax, and for the first time a MOT. My warranty and roadside assistance also run out. Not too sure about a habitation check.

Currently my insurance is with Lifesure/AXA at £460 for good conditions, the worst being parking in a London street. I may shop round but at previous renewals there wasn’t a lot in it.

The £155 to extend the VW roadside assist for another two years is a no brainier, but when I checked about extending the warranty VW said “Sorry, we do not offer Extended Warranty cover on this vehicle” - thanks a bunch VW for that vote of no confidence your product.

Looking forward to the next three ....
Apparently that is supposed to be changing.

See 2nd page.

https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/threads/warranty-offered-by-vwcs-post-3-years.21699/#post-247588

Thanks for the reference WelshGas - I have to say that the warranty is my only real worry so I was startled by the response I got from VW - afterall an extended warranty is only a product of the premium and the risk which depends on the reliability of the product so what message does that convey.

Snap, 3 years old today and sailed through the first mot as you'd expect but nobody has been in touch about extending the roadside assistance. I will have to ring them.

Strange about the warranty. Ours ran out last September and I enquired about it.
Crazy price of about £650 for a year which didn't cover the camping part. Another no brained, forget it and just worry about it if and when it goes wrong.

Back