Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

2014 Beach Cali Cooling box

S

surfer_beach

Hi

I wonder if you can help I've a 2014 Beach Cali with a climabox. The box works when both on hook up or battery but doesn't seem to cool down very well. Is there a part which needs replacing or does it just need a service. Be greatful for any advice thanks

What are the temps where you are at the moment?

The climabox is a thermoelectric cooler which is basically a heat sink and a fan. It tends to cool a number of degrees below the ambient, this means in hotter weather it may not be as cool inside as in colder weather. There isn't really much to go wrong in them, except maybe the fan? No idea if that can be changed

I think they are usually 20c (perhaps as high as 30c) below the ambient. You can enhance and prelong their cooling by using the frozen blue blocks etc. If you were seeing 35c for example it may only be 15c inside which isn't that cold. If it was 25c you should get at 5c inside, nice and cold.

Hey thanks...it's about 30C here...but interestingly we did have to de ice it a little.fan is working but can't feel any air coming through.....just doesn't seem to keep anything that cool.

What are the temps where you are at the moment?

The climabox is a thermoelectric cooler which is basically a heat sink and a fan. It tends to cool a number of degrees below the ambient, this means in hotter weather it may not be as cool inside as in colder weather. There isn't really much to go wrong in them, except maybe the fan? No idea if that can be changed

I think they are usually 20c (perhaps as high as 30c) below the ambient. You can enhance and prelong their cooling by using the frozen blue blocks etc. If you were seeing 35c for example it may only be 15c inside which isn't that cold. If it was 25c you should get at 5c inside, nice and cold.

If you are getting ice then it suggests its working but sorry to say I dont know how to service them. At 30c you should be fine to get it down below 5c inside.

The climabox is based upon this https://www.camperlands.co.uk/downloads/waeco-tropicool-electric-coolbox.pdf so there may be some useful information in that document. Page 11 for troubleshooting. All the cooling issues suggest a repair is needed.

Last edited:
Back